921: 2 vs. 1 coax input!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nemo2001

Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
After 6 months waiting, my 921 will ship on Tuesday. I have understand that the unit needs 2 sat coax inputs to function. Kinda hard to do since I wired single coax to each location when the house was rebuilt 2 years ago. I guess I will have to jury rig an insightly line around and down outside.
Question: what is the status of the dishpro switch to combine signals down one line with a decoupler at the receiver end? When will it become available? Is there any other solution except running another coax line?

Thanks guys!

Without the DP+44 switch or DP+ LNB's the only option is using 2 runs of coaxial cable between the 921 and the switch/LNB.

As for the availability of the DP+44 switch, my understanding is that an overheating issue was discovered and the unit is on hold until the problem is fixed.

K R is correct - DP+44 is on hold - at least for a little while.

But the other half of the equation could be months, years, decades, before it arrives, and that's the software support in the 921 for DP+ technology.

nemo2001: Beings you have to run a line, run dual RG-6. This will help avoid any possible inconsistencies between the 2 tuners, which can cause serious and strange operational problems with the 921. The 2 feeds have to be absolutely identical.

Running fresh dual also means that you have a clean indoor coax that you could use to feed the 921's SD output to elsewhere in the house. I use that feature to drive a TV in the office. I use a standard IR repeater and a cheap 50x remote to control it. The buttons are 100% the same except no PIP controls on a 50x.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)