921 and DVI-HDMI Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lbickley

Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I just got a JVC HD-52Z585 TV and needed a DVI to HDMI cable, which I ordered from pacificcables.com. When I connect the two components, I get flickering red lines through the picture. It doesn't happen with the component inputs/outputs, so I went back to that for now. Does anyone have an idea as to what the problem might be? Thanks!

I run the 921 with DVI to HDMI (bettercables.com) to a Panny 34" with no flickering.

Can you try another DVI cable?

Have you tried another output setting on your 921? I'd be very suprised if it's the cable. Start at 480P. Almost every digital TV can handle that. If that works, then it's not your cable. Now try 720P. My TV doesn't handle that, but your's might. If that works, then try 1080i. It's very possible that it won't work at that resolution. Good luck.

lbickley said:
I just got a JVC HD-52Z585 TV and needed a DVI to HDMI cable, which I ordered from pacificcables.com. When I connect the two components, I get flickering red lines through the picture. It doesn't happen with the component inputs/outputs, so I went back to that for now. Does anyone have an idea as to what the problem might be? Thanks!

Check a little deeper into these threads. There is another thread about the very same problem. The DVI-I to HDMI should work but you may need the DVI-D or DVI-A cable.

lbickley said:
I just checked the spec. sheet for you monitor. You must set you 921 up for 720p video with a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Seems like it was the cable... The 921 was already in 720p resolution from when I was using the component inputs. Picked up a new cable locally over the holiday and now the red lines are gone.

Thanks for all your help. It was greatly appreciated! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts