921 caller ID

John,

Did it just stop working, or has it never worked on this receiver?

If it just stopped working, on other recevier models, a front panel or card reset seemed to fix the problem.

Justin, it has never worked. :(

I just got it Wednesday evening, I didn't really pay any attention to it till today.

It worked on the previous 921.
It passes the phone line connection test.
My Phone line is good, Dish is grounded.
The modem appears to try to work. When I was on the phone I told it to do a phone line check, obviously it failed, but I did hear my phone line clicking, so the modem was apparently trying to do something.

Talk about bad luck.

Hi John,

Mine doesn't work either. I called DIsh an advance tech said (for what that is worth) it wasn't activated in the software yet.

Are you sure the other 921's Caller ID worked ?

c150flyboy said:
Tell them that you want another 921 now! :)

This is John's 3rd 921 already. Don't think he'll ever be able to borrow my 921. John you might want to wait for the next softare update. I'f you might remember I started the thread a while back on the grounding of the 508 and the special adapter plug. It never cured the problem, but a future software update did. Good luck.

Best regards, Adam Okula.

Adam, apparently there is a problem with some, not many caller id's.
I could be waiting a long time for a software upgrade to fix it when everyone else's 921 caller id is working.

I've had great success with Dish's receivers except this one, In the past Ive owned, 811,6000,721,501,311, they all have been good receivers.

One thing weird I noticed about my caller id was I couldn't uncheck the caller id. If I unchecked my caller id, left the menu and came back it would be checked again..... :confused:

John,

Maybe now is the time to get another unit before your hard drive gets full of programs and you have all your timers set. With the 508, it did take some time for them to fix the software as only very few of the units had the problem and it took E* awhile to identify & fix the problem. Such may be the case with the 921, especially because there are more wide-spread pressing issues to fix. Tell us how your next unit makes out. Good luck.

Best regards, Adam Okula.

John Corn said:
One thing weird I noticed about my caller id was I couldn't uncheck the caller id. If I unchecked my caller id, left the menu and came back it would be checked again..... :confused:

Sure sign od a software bug. Either that, or you live in a 921 Burmuda Triangle: 921's enter, but they don't get out. ;)

My caller ID works on and off. I noticed that the Caller ID list on my receiver was there but incomplete. Basically my stand-alone box would record 10 calls, and the receiver had like 2 calls recorded. Very strange. So it works, but fails to capture many of the calls. Funny that a $10 caller ID box works better than a $1000 921.

-Jerry

Dish sent me another 921 and the Caller id doesn't work on it either.
I can hook my 311 and 501 up to the same connection and it works.

The weird bug it has is I can go to Caller ID check box and uncheck it, then leave that menu, go to another menu, then go back to the Caller ID menu and see if it "re checked" the box by itself. :confused:

John Corn said:
Dish sent me another 921 and the Caller id doesn't work on it either.
I can hook my 311 and 501 up to the same connection and it works.

The weird bug it has is I can go to Caller ID check box and uncheck it, then leave that menu, go to another menu, then go back to the Caller ID menu and see if it "re checked" the box by itself. :confused:

The CSR claims they will address this software issue in the next upgrade.

Hi John,
Mine still does the same also, let's hope the next software download will "kick" the caller ID section and fix it.

BTW, be a pal and send me that other "bad Caller ID" 921, I'll give $5 for it :)

PS. I'll pay the shipping too :) :)

Dave

:D What bugs me is there's only a handful of people having problems with the 921 caller id, leads me to believe it might be the hardware..... :confused:

Received my replacement 921 from Dish today. New unit fixed the Caller ID problem. Now it works fine, as a matter of fact it works quicker than my 522 does (pops up in between 1st and 2nd ring, instead of 3rd or so on the 522). I feel the Caller ID issue is purely a hardware problem and recommend to anyone who has this problem to get a replacement unit.

Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts