921 caller ID

When I called and talked to the tech support they said it was software and that it would be corrected when the next update comes, that was the senior tech, others here think that it is hardware, I am not sure but I will wait for the update before I ask for another one,
good luck,
Alex

911 emergency, please state the nature of your emergency.

My 921 is not working.

Sir this IS 911 emergency and we are working.

No, I saying my 921 has no caller ID.

Sir we can tell exactly who you are by caller ID. 911 caller ID IS working!

No No No, My 921 has no caller ID so I called 911 to report it because I was told by the satellite guys that I needed to report this emergency immediately.

What emergency is that sir?

That my 921 has no caller ID.

Sir this is 911 and I told you, we do have caller ID. It is working.

NO, a thousand times NO! MY 921 has no caller ID.

Sir, if you are trying to reach 921 you have dialed the wrong number. Please hang up and try again. I have to go now as we are an emergency service and we have a frantic lady on hold now who is reporting that Boo got shot! Thank you for using the 911 emergency service.

Oh, BTW- My 921 caller ID works fine too! It just started working today for no apparent reason. Last I checked the setup menu it was disabled and hasn't worked because I thought it was shut off.

928gt said:
Hi Alex,
"Mine has not worked yet. 921s has a lot bugs still, hope the id is a software issue."

Trust me (and John), it is NOT a software issue, it is a hardware issue. Call Dish now and have them send you a new 921 !!!

Dave
Caller ID issues resolved Via L 146 update, Software issue verified!
I rest my case.

Alex

lex61564 said:
Caller ID issues resolved Via L 146 update, Software issue verified!
I rest my case.

Alex
Cool, I'm glad it's fixed. It was only speculation on my part if it was hardware or software, lex.

My point was for $1000.00 do you want a crippled 921 with promises from Dish? :no

Thank you John,
I am glad it works to, I was just willing to wait to find out for sure, This thing is a computer and I know how flaky they can be some times,
Alex

The new software L146 was downloaded yesterday and appears on the system information but I still don't have caller ID.

Since I reported this yesterday, I opened up the menu and went to "staying in touch" and then "Caller ID History" and it had phone numbers listed back to 2/11/04. Then I went to preferences and then review preferences and then checked "Caller ID Pop Up". The caller ID is now displayed when the phone rings. I have had the 911 since the 19th of January and have not had much of a chance to use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)