921 Costco installs low on priority list?

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
I called on Tuesday dish and ordered on the dishinitup HD upgrade. I was too be installed in 4 days from call. Then I cancelled it and bought unit 921 at Costco. I called to get receiver put in. (already have a 501-510) Just need new switch (i have currently 2 model 21's on a dish 500 dual lnb dish) installed.
THey told me that soonest install would be Jan 23rd. I was like THAT IS WRONG! The person was rude and said thats the best they can do.
What really sucks is that I used to own a big dish shop, and can install myself. But I dont now where to buy needed switch. Plus I read that I can not just put single input for time being into unit and expect it to work.
Any advice?

Bought mine from Costco and had it professionally installed 3 days later. I guess it all depends on where you live and in my area not too many people have satellite.

The switches/LNBs are readily available from a bunch of places - including this site's sponsor.

Sounds like you have a pair of Legacy Dual LNBs ties to a pair of SW21's.

If you're NOT going to need a third bird, buy a DP Quad.

If a third bird is in your future, buy a DP Twin & DP34.

If you might end up with four birds, DP Twin, DPP44 ($$$). This setup saves you from having to run an extra RG-6 to the 921 if thaat's a concern (probably not for you ;) ).

SimpleSimon said:
The switches/LNBs are readily available from a bunch of places - including this site's sponsor.

Sounds like you have a pair of Legacy Dual LNBs ties to a pair of SW21's.

If you're NOT going to need a third bird, buy a DP Quad.

If a third bird is in your future, buy a DP Twin & DP34.

If you might end up with four birds, DP Twin, DPP44 ($$$). This setup saves you from having to run an extra RG-6 to the 921 if thaat's a concern (probably not for you ;) ).

Thank you for your help! I do have install certificate with 921 from Costco.
I assume they will set me up. I probably will tell them I want second sat (I Know only junk mainly on it) but that will force them to install eveything for the future?!

The only solid way to get a wing dish is if your local channels are on one and you subscribe to them, then it's a free install/upgrade.

Local PBs and independant are on other sat. They came out to install for free last year and guy basiclly wined his way out of installing by convincing me that I would not use the couple basics on the needed third sat. NOW I AM GOING TO DEMAND IT>>>>

GOOD NEWS! thank you for the post about emailing ceo@dishnetwork, I sent a nice email explaining install problem. Got call first thing this morning with schedule for install this Wed! And they are going to put up the new switch that lets me run one cable to my 921. Going to buy another one tuesday!
Thanks for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)