921 Crashing

ajohnson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 9, 2004
Riverside, CA
I still have my 921 in the bedroom (622 in the living room) and lately it's been flaking out on me. I'll go to turn it on and the power light comes on but nothing else happens. Rebooting it (holding power till it resets) gets it back up and running. My wife is really getting annoyed with this. Has anyone experienced this and know a fix? (other than junking it and buying another 622 :p)

The update that was sent out before Daylight Saving time has caused a lot of problems with my 921. I now have to reboot about 3 or 4 times a day. Problems include: (1) Frequently screen comes up black when turned on or goes black while watching something . (2) In early morning, reboot results in guide having "no information" except for the programs starting in the next hour. (3) Unit fails to respond to remote or does so with significant lag. (4) Unit has blank guide, shows no timers, and/or shows no dvr recordings--fortunately reboot has fixed this so far. I didn't have this last problem until after the DST update.

I am beginning to believe they are programming in these problems to convince us to upgrade to a 622. Before the DST update, I rebooted about once a day on average. I think most of these problems are a result of the DST software update, since they increased in frequency immediately after the DST update.

That sounds exactly like my problem. I also had the same idle thought that maybe they were trying to convince me to upgrade the receiver, but I doubt that's true

I’m having almost the same identical problems that RobMeyer1 is having....they began almost immediately after the recent update download...WTF is up with the software writers? I would have preferred to reset the all my timers manually and poked myself in the eye with a sharp stick than deal with the current POS upgrade problems.

Same here.
921 sometimes takes forever to respond to the remote - BUT mainly when using the DVR feature. BUT my biggest problen (see other thread) is when I set it to record a show, it willl NOT stop at the end of the show. The other morning I looked and had a 1260 minute recording. It wrapped and erased older recorded stuff I hadn't seen. AND if you go into the DvR portion and select what it is recording, YOU CANNOT stop the recording. I have to remove the smart card and reboot it.

As a retired computer analyst, I also strongly suspect that with a software update they could cause so many problems with the 921 (which I'm sure they dont want to support anymore) that we would finely give in and upgrade.

I'm gonna call and talk to some tech idiot and see what they say. I just love losing the Pay-perview shows I hadn't watched yet.

After calling back a second time they are going to send me a different 921, I won't say new 921 so I will let everyone know just what it will do if anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts