921 Disk Failure Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edfiero

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Came home from work yesterday and my 921 is displaying a blue/green screen that says DISK FAILURE. I can still receive the info and PPV preview channels.... but that's it. I've tried unplugging and rebooting the machine both with and without the antenna connected and with and without the smart card.

When it reboots it says ATE WAS NOT PRESENT OR COULD NOT BE FOUND. SYSTEM FAILURE.

What's a guy to do? I bought this from e-bay and not sure if they will honor the warranty or not.

How old is it? If it is less than 1 yr, it should be covered. If it is outside of one year, you can sign up for the 5.99/mo warranty plan and get it replaced for "free". Just call them and ask for Advanced Tech Support. I did this today w/my 15mo old 721 and have a replacement coming, shipped free.

I just had the same thing happen.

I suppose you have to sigh up for the monthly warranty BEFORE you report the disk problem with the receiver?

Thanks - Terry

To speed up talking with the Dish 921 team (the only ones who can give a RMA for the 921) you might want to e-mail Mark over at DBSTalk your info. He has a direct line of contact with the 921 team.

My hard drive failed last week and I lost all of my programs, fuctions and channels (except the free info channels). My unit was still under warranty but I asked them what would happen if I wasn't. They said for $19.95 plus shipping and handling I could get a replacement (regardless of the model). The price was 49.95 but now is $19.95. I didn't ask the cost of S&H but someone quoted $50 bucks on another forum. Hopefully that cost is two way S&H (meaning they fedex a unit to you and you UPS the old one back using their RMA sticker). If you pay for a warranty it's $6 a month instead. Basically it will cost you the same to have your unit replaced once a year as the warranty price but if you need two replacements then the warranty plan really pays off in the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)