921 DVR loses a day

faster68

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
I've recognized a pattern in my 921. When starting a DVR event the unit will hang. Turning on and off the power will reboot the DVR event but, and this is the odd part, my DVR recoding events are moved ahead one day. Last night my weekly timer for Rome started and recorded Spider Man 2. Anyone else have the same issue? Funny how you can tell that the unit is based on a consumer OS. ;)

I can not trust my 921 to record on the correct day. Friday show are done on Thursday. It did work OK until about two software upgrade ago. My 721 works great!. If it wasn't for local HD I would get rid of the 921.

I just noticed that the recording event used the characteristics of the Sunday even on the Saturday recording. The name Rome and the description of the event where all from Sunday, but the recording was done on Saturday. I don't have much experience with Linux, but I would have expect more.

This is a strange bug but definitely not unheard of. For now the only solution is to delete ALL of your recurring timers and add them back in again.

Lots of stuff about this on that other satellite site's 921 forums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts