921 in reboot loop

Davey

Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
Fellas,

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it with a search.

I'm having a problem that I can't get past. I have a DP Twin with a standard two-cable hookup to 921..no other receivers or switches. If I rotate the dish away from the satellites (no signal) and plug in the receiver it will successfully boot. I can then do a switch test and it will show reception verified but no satellites on both inputs (as expected.)

However, when I then rotate the dish so it sees signal (or plug it in with the dish in this position) it immediately launches into a loop alternating between error code 015, the HDTV emblem, and power off. If I disconnect input 1 but leave input 2 connected it will successfully boot, but not the other way 'round.

The receiver has L274 installed. I assume that this problem might be solved by current firmware, but I can't figure out how to get it into a mode that will allow it to receive it.

My old 311 receiver attached to either cable works fine so I assume that all wiring and my switch is good.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Davey.

This is a common problem. You have a defective receiver. Call Dish for a replacement.

Thanks very much Steven.

I had already seen your comment in another thread regarding leaving the unit unplugged for a period of time so it could then become defective. (Very nice of Dish.) That is exactly what I did.

However, I had heard there was a workaround or fake-out or something that I could try to recover it? But if not then I guess I'm stuck.

Thanks.

Davey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)