921 Installation Setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jason

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
I planned on getting the Superdish installed when I got my 921. With the problems with the Superdish now and it not being available in Michigan, I need to figure out what the new installation plan is. I currently have a Dish 500 with a Legacy Quad LNB.

Will Dish Network come out and install a 2nd dish free of charge? Will my current setup accomodate a 921 and 721 or will I need to spend more money for a different LNB and switches?

If I get the 2nd dish right now for HDTV, will I still be able to get the free Superdish offer when it finally becomes available as long as I commit to the year of HDTV package?

I am thinking about cancelling my 921 preorder and just waiting until Dish gets its act together and gets a working Superdish in Michigan but I want to know what my other alternative would be now.

Thanks.

Is anyone else thinking about NOT getting a 921 until the Superdish is actually available?

Has anyone preordered a 921 but still needs to have a 2nd dish installed to get HDTV?

This puzzles me. The superdish is available now I thought. At least it is here cuz the dealer that I talked to today said they had to fight tooth and nail to get them shipped due to overdemand and not enough inventory to go around.

Probably another case of putting the cart before the horse on E*'s part.

Also, unless the dealer I talked to is totally whacked, said you didn't need a 2nd dish if you have a superdish, I questioned them about the HD programming that was on 61.5 and I was told there were several already on 105 with about 40 more being added early 2004.

Not sure if it would be worth 9 bux more a month to watch 6 HD channels or not. Plus Discovery HD is 7.99 more on top of that.

Sheesh. I may have to get a real job to pay for all this programming.

Anywho, it would be nice to get consistant information from all parties concerned. -sigh-

Mark_AR said:
Not sure if it would be worth 9 bux more a month to watch 6 HD channels or not. Plus Discovery HD is 7.99 more on top of that.

Sheesh. I may have to get a real job to pay for all this programming.

Anywho, it would be nice to get consistant information from all parties concerned. -sigh-

Discovery HD for $7.99 is not in addition to th $9.99 HD Pak. You can get Discovery HD included in the $9.99 HD Pak or get it by itself for $7.99. You can also purchase each on an annual basis.

Jason said:
Is anyone else thinking about NOT getting a 921 until the Superdish is actually available?

Has anyone preordered a 921 but still needs to have a 2nd dish installed to get HDTV?

At this point it does not matter. If the 921 came out today, you would not need the SuperDish since there is no new HD channels announced by Dish. You would still get all the HD available via E* with the 110 & 61.5 birds.

In the interim, I am getting the $149 6000 this week to add the HD channels now. I then can sell my Samsung 151 for a breakeven. When the 921 comes out, I will then sell the 6000 to offset that purchase. I really cannot lose out.

When the 921 DOES FINALLY ARRIVE, I will be glad to upgrade to record the HD. It looks like the first priority for E* is to launch locals with the SuperDish until the end of the year. This allows kinks to smooth out with installs & satellite use. We will probably see anouncements at the Jan. CES for more HD channels. By then the supply of SuperDishes will be up to offer it to anyone who desires to switch as well as give them time to place all the current HD on 61.5 over to 105.

Robert

Tahoerob said:
We will probably see anouncements at the Jan. CES for more HD channels. By then the supply of SuperDishes will be up to offer it to anyone who desires to switch as well as give them time to place all the current HD on 61.5 over to 105.

Robert

Is there a thread or a list that tells what HD channels are currently on 61.5 and 105. I wanna see what I am gonna be missing or else I need to change my order with the dealer to get a second dish pointing @ 61.5 untiil the changeover.

Mark_AR said:
Tahoerob said:
Robert

Is there a thread or a list that tells what HD channels are currently on 61.5 and 105. I wanna see what I am gonna be missing or else I need to change my order with the dealer to get a second dish pointing @ 61.5 untiil the changeover.

The Recent "HD Theater Pack" (DHDT, ESPN-HD, HDNET, HDNET Movies) offerings are at the "core" 110 orbital location. HBO-HD & SHO-HD are on 61.5/148 ("wings"). CBSHD-East (if and only if you qualify ... see Dish's website) is on 61.5, CBSHD-West (only if you qualify) is on 148. HD-PPV is (currently) only on 148. Dish's Retailer HD-DEMO channel is only on 61.5 (free to all to view from 61.5 with HD receiver).

Mark_AR said:
Tahoerob said:
We will probably see anouncements at the Jan. CES for more HD channels. By then the supply of SuperDishes will be up to offer it to anyone who desires to switch as well as give them time to place all the current HD on 61.5 over to 105.

Robert

Mark,
Try This: http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)