921 or Wait for 942??

My understanding is that you can use a diplexer running one single cable to feed 2 satellite IN AND the OTA antenna , isn't that correct?

Just called thedishstore.net and found that I will not need to replace my legacy quad lnb with a dishpro dual lnb. Apparently the 921 works with legacy and dishpro. The only way you can get around running 2 cables is to buy a DPP44 switch for $200.

I'll be running another cable. ;)

Michael

Edit: to fix LNB information

John: The DPP44 has the DP Adapter built-in.

I'm tired and maybe forgetting something, or repeating myself, but ...

Why do you need a Quad to drive a DPP44? A Twin will do it. If we're talking a 2-bird only setup, the DPP44 can drive 4 separate boxes itself, plus one more by adding a DP21 to the cascade outputs.

I have (1) 721; (3) 6000's; (1) 501; and would add a 921-for a total of (8) ports.

If I have (2) cascaded SW64's, Legacy Dual LNB's and a total of 8-ports, with my 501 and a 6000 as the "power" line to each SW64, can I add a 921 to any (2) other SW 64 ports?

mkerdman:

Well, for the dual-tuner boxes, I'd be sure to pair-up the ports used. Whatever you have the 721 using, put the 921 on the same ports on the other SW64. ;)

I say that only because I don't remember which is "right" - 2 & 3 or 3 & 4.

Maybe post back which set you're using for us?

WHY ARE YOU DOUBLE-POSTING - IN THE SAME FORUM NO LESS:mad:

luckycat said:
OK so with the new price point on the 921, I'm thinking of getting rid of my 811 and my 721. I never use these at the same time, and have been waiting for the price of an HD receiver to drop to the $500 range before taking the plunge.

I really like the 721..some people have had issues but I have had very few problems. I've had my fair share of issues with the 811, but nothing that has caused me to return the unit. I'm wondering just really how bad is a 921?

If Dish will continue to spool out software updates for the 921, I'll be patient and live with it for a while. I just need time shifted HD in a major way. What would I be missing with a 924? Two outputs? I can live without that.

I suspect many others, with this new price, are in the same boat. Looks like the latest update indicates 942 won't be out till 05 sometime, and I don't know if I want/need to wait any longer for DVR in HD!

Also - Does the 921 have a $5 monthly DVR fee?
If you are in no kind of hurry, wait. I think that anyone would have a hard time suggesting that you go for the 942 at this point in time because it is demo only. Two HD/SD satellite tuners and two OTA tuners would be the hot ticket. Now that the price had dropped on the 921 and when the OTA, Timer, and Guide issues are resolved, I'm getting a second 921.

boy921 said:
Now that the price had dropped on the 921 and when the OTA, Timer, and Guide issues are resolved, I'm getting a second 921.

How long, and how many 921 are going to be available for the $549 price? That's your finish line in the waiting game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)