921 ota

pmalve

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Does the 921 only receive digital ota channels or is it like D receivers that get both digital and analog? I am researching options for when Voom gets turned off. I like the channel lineup on Dish better than D, so I am leaning towards Dish. Voom receivers were a little buggy too, so I am not that worried about that.

Do you still get the locals in analog on Dish though? I assume so and those can be recorded right? My wife records crap on our locals using the standard DVR and I can't lose that functionality.

Sorry for the simpleton question.

jdsabin1 said:
Do you still get the locals in analog on Dish though? I assume so and those can be recorded right? My wife records crap on our locals using the standard DVR and I can't lose that functionality.

I haven't tried, but I think you can record analog signals to a VCR. For some reason, the 921 doesn't convert analog to digital. I know there are cheap PCI cards and other computer devices that will actually convert the analog signal to digital so a person can burn to DVD or put the data onto the hard drive.

jdsabin1 said:

You can still get your locals through Dish if they are available(you need to subscribe to this to get your guide for your ota digital channels). You can then record the analog channels from Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts