921 owners L182HECD-N has arrived

Yep. I haven't figured out what it does yet. Except F*** everything up!

I know that it hasn't fixed any FAVORITES bugs. Still can't add or edit favs list.

Since upgrade, the guide is really slow and sluggish. I've had the guide/remote quit responding twice already and had to do a HARD RESET both times.

While tuning to a new Sirius channel, my screen went blank and the 921 quit responding. Had to RESET it again.

*Sigh*

I didn't get to use my 921 much last night but I do no that a timer fired correctly to record 24. Amazing thing is that it was off but the primary tuner was on an OTA channel. Not only did the timer work but when I turned it on to watch Law and Order it was still on CBS and not FOX.

I didn't try the guide functions and I don't use favorites ( I use the browse feature) so I didn't really notice any problems.

None of my timers fired last night.

I did have one tuner tuned to the Sirius Channels, so I don't know if that was the cause or not.

My new 921 that I won from the Tech Chat arrived last night. I will hook it up tonight before I leave for Dallas, lets hope it works better. :)

Whenever I tune to these channels I run the risk of GSOD, while I have no problems with my 508. How is Dish going to roll out the 921 to the general public, you can just imagin all the calls to the CSRs?

jcord51 said:
Whenever I tune to these channels I run the risk of GSOD, while I have no problems with my 508. How is Dish going to roll out the 921 to the general public, you can just imagin all the calls to the CSRs?
It IS rolled out to the public - I mean unpaid testers. Lots of calls to CSRs - who know nothing significant about the 921.

Charlie has no brain - doesn't understand that saving pennies on development costs dollars in support. It's a truism in the computer industry, and these things ARE computers.

While watching/listening to Siruis 80's.(about 30 min) I hit the CANCEL button on the remote just to see what channel/time it was.

System immediately halted and went to the Linux Screen of Death.

Dish Network - It's not TV. Its an adventure!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)