921 Possessed! Won't power off...

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
Heres a new one for you kiddies....

Hit the power button on my 921 UHF remote. Front lights of 921(blue and green) go out. (Red/amber are also not on)

Unit still sends picture to HDTV and audio to optical out. DVR and guide net a blank picture with a small prevue pane in upper right corner that looks normal. The first few times I could access the MENU, but now its not responding.

Pressing POWER again will light up the green and blue lights on the front panel.

I can channel up/down with no front panel lights and it will respond but without any program info headers. THe Blue(HD) light will light up with no green light at this point.

HD or SD channels display as if unit was on. (Except HD picture has black sidebars(4:3 instead of 16:9)

I'm going to do a PBR(FPR). It should fix it.

Has anyone ever had this happen where the 921 would absolutely NOT turn off??

[PIE]Its alive.... A-L-I-V-E![/PIE]

LOL....

Yeah. It did that too.

I called to report it as 'Unusual Behavior'...

I took pics, but too tired and lazy to upload them tonight.

I think the CSR was sniffing her nail polish cuz when I told her I was ordering my 622 on Monday to replace the 921, she stated that I would like it very much and she had not had ANY trouble reports on a 622 yet. (Either she was just hired today or she hadn't clicked her heels together 3 times)... :rolleyes:

I can't wait to get out the saw and mod the case for better cooling...:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)