921 price

caseyatbt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 29, 2003
Monument, CO
I've looked all over, what is the price on the 921? I might just go fot it.
Also, why does the SuperDish need to be installed by Dish? Why can't I just get it installed by someone I trust that is more reliable to show up for the appointment on time?

caseyatbt said:
Also, why does the SuperDish need to be installed by Dish? Why can't I just get it installed by someone I trust that is more reliable to show up for the appointment on time?
Just because someone can show up on time doesn't mean they will know the proper installation procedures. For starters, there are 3 LNBs instead of two and the alignment can be a little tricky for alignment compared to previous installs (the 3rd LNB uses different frequencies than the regular Dish birds). Also, the physical size of the dish is larger and Dish wants to ensure that installs are being done correctly, and certainly so during the initial rollout. Dish installers can be counted on to provide valuable feedback to Dish if any problems are noted with the install proceedure or the SuperDish itself. It is doubtful that your Timely Tim will be able to do that.

I've done a lot of self-install DBS and installed a Starband myself and I've decided to let Dish install my SuperDish (whenever it is I decide to get one).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts