921 prices for NEW customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MacKenzieIII

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Ridgecrest, CA
I know most of you guys have had dish for a long time.

But I have been lurking for a while and now that I see the 921 might actually be released. And now that my 811 order has been delayed, I am wondering what sort of deals will be offered for new customers who want the 921.

Thanks for your help.

Its a wait and see. It was mentioned that because of limited availability and high production costs that there won't be the same kind of offers with 921. But who knows.

MacKenzieIII,

If you are asking a question about the prices of a 921 for new customers, kindly put a question mark after your heading, so we all know what this thread is about.

"Prices for 921 for new customers" - Indicates you know what those prices are and that you are sharing them with everyone.

"Prices for 921 for new customers?" - Clearly indicates you are looking for an answer to a specific question.

Following proper board etiquette, makes the experience better for all involved.

To answer you question, don't expect any discounts on the 921 until there is some competition. When the HD DirectTivo comes out, you should see some discounts on the 921. But don't expect anything before then.

My contact says the HDTV Direct TIvo is on Pilot right now and is working good.

The Press release should be Jan 8th at CES with Production March 1st.

The Price for new Customers is estimated at $600

Existing $799 with a one year contract and he HD pack.

$600 with a two year contract and the HD pack.

It will do named based recording AND have a 4th recorder so you can do two oTA recording at once, Dish can only do one OTA (over the air is where most have HD content right now).

DVDDAD said:
MacKenzieIII,

If you are asking a question about the prices of a 921 for new customers, kindly put a question mark after your heading, so we all know what this thread is about.

"Prices for 921 for new customers" - Indicates you know what those prices are and that you are sharing them with everyone.

"Prices for 921 for new customers?" - Clearly indicates you are looking for an answer to a specific question.

Following proper board etiquette, makes the experience better for all involved.

To answer you question, don't expect any discounts on the 921 until there is some competition. When the HD DirectTivo comes out, you should see some discounts on the 921. But don't expect anything before then.

DVDDAD,

I am very sorry if my topic was unclear to you, or if it got your hopes up about info that I don't know. I tried to give as clear a title as I could to describe what I wanted the thread to be about. And I am sorry if this thread wasted your time.

Hopefully if the 921 starts shipping this or next week the answer should be out there and when it is hopefully someone will post it here. Personaly I think there will be at least some sort of new customer deal but I could of course be wrong. Anyways in light of the 811s being delayed I figured it made sense to see if I should be amending my 811/301 new customer order to be a 921/301 order if the price was not horribly different.

As for the Tivo, since I do qualify for CBSHD and I have no chance at getting it OTA I think for be that out weights anything from D* currently. Though it wouldn't suprise me for D* to up the ante and me to regret this choice.

Anyways to get back on topic. I know most of the people on this board are current subscribers so the new customer deals arn't as intresting. But hopefully this thread can be a place for that info.

MacKenzieIII said:
DVDDAD,

I am very sorry if my topic was unclear to you, or if it got your hopes up about info that I don't know. I tried to give as clear a title as I could to describe what I wanted the thread to be about. And I am sorry if this thread wasted your time.

No apology needed: I was just trying to help. Others can be brutal!

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus

My local retailer here in Boulder Colorado, Roberts TV (303-443-9440) told me there would be a $500 discount for new dish customers through Jan 31.

Given that Dealer cost is around $850, I would expect a $799 currently customer deal with a 1 year contract. $699 with a two year.

The HD Pack requirement also.

This would be in line with the Direct HD Tivo for $600 to 800 price points. They should have the press release Jan 8th for that one.

ScottChez said:
Given that Dealer cost is around $850, I would expect a $799 currently customer deal with a 1 year contract. $699 with a two year.

The HD Pack requirement also.

This would be in line with the Direct HD Tivo for $600 to 800 price points. They should have the press release Jan 8th for that one.

Retailer cost is slightly above $850(oops). So would you guess then that new customers would be $600 for a 2 year agreement, maybe even $550? I hope the reward new customers who JUST get the 921 and nothing else. Maybe $500 for a single receiver 921 system for new customers. I mean look at what they are giving away now. With a 2 year agreement you can get an 811($350) and 2 301s($198 total). That's a $548 value. Giving a 921for $500 would be a $500 value.

I would say that for sure there is room for a $699 921 for existing customers.

They are just in short supply right now that dish is controling that shortage by keeping the price High, many will wait till the price drop when Dish has plenty in stock and the HDTV Direct Tivo is out also (the competition).

Supply and Demand.

Wait 2 Months and save $300

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts