921 Rear Input Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I wanted to run my Panny DVR through my 921 so I hooked it up but there is no option on the Guide to choose the Back Panel Inputs. The manual says it should be a sub channel of channel 001, but I have no channel 001. I called Dish and they say I have a defective unit.

This unit is a brand new replacement that I just hooked up today and I never noticed the input channel on the other one either. Does this unit actually work with the back panel inputs and if so, how in the heck do I access it?

Thanks,

DarrellP

I know on my 811 there are 2 inputs and in the guide they are
00-1 & 00-2

Can you see it in the guide?

my old 5000 has it as channel 0

It doesn't show in the EPG. To get the aux input just press 0-select. I am sure you'll find out that due the lousy software on the 921 that most of the time all you will get is a blank screen.

n0qcu said:
It doesn't show in the EPG. To get the aux input just press 0-select. I am sure you'll find out that due the lousy software on the 921 that most of the time all you will get is a blank screen.
Thanks! That did it.

For the short time I messed with the channel 0 inputs, the picture was just awful. I hope mine was defective and that isn't the design.

bytre said:
For the short time I messed with the channel 0 inputs, the picture was just awful. I hope mine was defective and that isn't the design.
The picture is OK, I watch it on a 21" Gateway LCD that has a Faroujda processor and everything looks better than normal on this screen. The only annoying thing is that the bottom of the screen flashes but if I zoom the image it goes out of sight. It's bearable to watch, it's mainly for my daughter to view my Panny DVR of her shows so it's ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)