921 RELEASED TO THE MASSES. WHEN?

Ray S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Central NJ
Even the speculation has stopped. Last in depth analysis was done by Don Landis on 12/29/03 on avsforum.com post3117277. The week of the 5th was mentioned. Possible "upload of the software" to fix the OTA bug is expected then as well as CES taking place on the 8th. "Realistic prediction Feb 2004 should be cranking up the heat for the UPS deliveries on 921's."

The next Charlie Chat is scheduled or Jan 12. If nothing is announced by then, perhaps we will get a statement from Charlie.

As for me, I have a remote possibility that something will come through next week. I gave up on DishDepot. I was in the top 10 on the preorder list. Apparently the initial release was geared primarily for local retailers. For all I know, Mark still may have been the first to release one to me but I didn't like not having a more firm date. Well, at least it appears that next month we should be able to get one.

Would you like me to put you on my list? I just have a small number on my waiting list. As soon as I can get my hands on some, they'll be shipping out. Echosphere (DISH's distribution arm) has been closed for ordering from 12/31 to 1/5. I'll start trying again on 1/5 to get some more. Anyone interested can e-mail me at mainstreet@checkyes.tv .

I'll be at CES the 7th-11th, and I'll try to kiss up to the right folks while I'm there to get some more. ;)

Thank you for the reply. You have confirmed what I have heard on my end. I will know on monday how I stand. May be in touch with you on monday if things don't pan out. I am committed till then. Its great for you retailers to go to CES. The networking and people you meet and keep in contact with will be a help to all of us.

I've dealt with Justin/Mainstreet Communications, it was a pleasure doing business with him. I just wish I had a local retailer like him in my area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)