921 should ship in two months???

Stingray

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
I made a statement earlier about having to wade through lots of speculation on this list...... well, here's some more!

I just got off the phone with a tech support person talking about the local channel mapping problems I'm having with my 501 and 508, when I asked her if she knew when the 921 would ship.

Her answer was, in February due to the fact that downloads of the present 921 software take about 2 hours from satellite.

Fact or fiction?? We will know someday!

With all the 'he said-she said' going on over the 921, its seriously undermining my faith in knowing that ANYONE really knows what is going on.

The CSR's are clueless unless they can read it on their monitors in front of them when you call. This goes for ALL CSR's, not just E*.

Even Charlie has no clue of what is going on in his own company. It is all up to the programmers and R&D to tell him when something is ready. Then as it trickles down and leaks out to those with insider ties and those not bound by NDA's.

To be fair. I really would like a 921 just as soon as everyone else, but with all the DISINFORMATION flying about, it would be better to NOT post something unless you can back it up with a CSR name or source other than 'I heard from a friend of a friend of a co-worker who's kid goes to school with their kid that.....'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)