921 Spec Sheet!

1. "Remote Antenna" (In) - isn't that for UHF remote-control command reception?

2. Have we resolved the issue of how many outputs are simultaneously hot?

[DVI] +
[Component] +
[S-Video] +
[Composite]

My new 53" Panasonic PT-53WX42 doesn't have DVI in (an informed compromise), so I'm primarily interested in getting [Component] out with simultaneous [S-Video] and/or [Composite] out from the 921. (As some of you may recall, I have a wireless A/V distribution network for secondary rooms, but it is currently limited to transmitting [Composite] video signals.)

How about this Wife Factor!
I am so deperate to get HDTV that I had seriously considered getting the 6000. I told my wife it would be like one of our old 4700? receivers with no Picture in guide etc. and that it wouldn't record. She said why would I ever consider the 6000?!! I told her the price difference and she said "but it won't record". Of course I told her we could keep our 501 and get the 6000 but she said "We couldn't record HD then".
Basically she talked me away from the 6000 and gave wholehearted support for the 921.
I LOVE my Wife :D

I have a Matinee 1HD projector that has component and VGA(RGB) connector. Can I simply get a DVI-VGA adapter and connect my 921 up that way?

8bitbytes said:
John Walsh said:
I am having a little problem with the wife acceptance factor. She was all for it in the beginning but as of late she hasn't been too happy about it. gotta figure out what to do

My solution turns out to be more expensive but it helps smooth the way quicker:

Find something she wants that is a big ticket item and tell her you are going to get that for her and she can get the 921 / HD monitor for you.

That new sofa or sleigh bed she has always wanted does the trick for me.

Good Luck!

Yeah I tried that. Bought her a $3000 watch. Reset her diamond ring ($5,000). Last weekend flew her to Annapolis to have dinner at one of her favorite Steakhouses. Bought her a new house (worth 3 times what the old one was). Flew her to Chicago two weeks ago to go shopping. Taking her to the Marriot in DC next weekend. Took her to a Beach resort in Naples a month ago. Bought her a NEW Diamond ring. And bought her about $1000 worth of clothes last week.

Women are so damn hard to please.

I thought I saw it stated in another discussion that the 921 may afterall include dual OTA tuners...even though it seems this is wrong, I just was looking if there was an official announcement either way about this? Dual OTA seems huge to me because most people will probably be getting their networks over OTA, and in my case, there are alot of shows out there with conflicting time schedules that I would like to record OTA

I thought I saw it stated in another discussion that the 921 may afterall include dual OTA tuners...even though it seems this is wrong, I just was looking if there was an official announcement either way about this?
The 921 has one OTA tuner. The HDTV DirecTivo coming next Spring has two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)