921's are receiving Software Update

Thank God..... Good Riddance L184....... PLEASE let them cure the nonfiring timers glitch..... I'm getting sick of rebooting my 921 manually twice a week (who'da thunk that the GSOD would be PREFERRED to the "improvement"?)

I just got back from lunch at home and was watching a show I recorded off Discovery HD. When I powered down the green light started flashing so I must have been getting the new software

What is ironic about this temporary fix is that this bug came to light because the 921 stopped spontaneously rebooting. Now we are back to re-booting every night. Wonder if the blue light will be on also.

Funny :)

Yeah - and a bad one at that. Now, instead of OTA users rebooting and RESCANNING once a week at their convienence, they'll have to do it EVERY DAY.

Unless - they leave the box on (somebody should check to see if it'll download the guide on the unused tuner even while on - maybe I will), OR schedule a dummy recording to prevent the box from rebooting.

I'll bet my appliance timer works better than their software method! I wondered the same thing David. Until we test it,I doubt they did the 2 min 20 seconds wait. Most likely, they are just doing the reset button reboot and not a full power plug down cycle like I have been doing. I'll wait for others to test this and report. I think I will keep my appliance timer on for an evaluation of known power plug reboot each day. If the rest have good luck wuth the software reboot, then I will remove the timer. If not and my timers still work fine then it may be said that the Eldon reboot timer doesn't work to fix the timer bug. So far, I know mine does work.

I notice one thing. IF I do a power cord reboot I lose all my guide info except 2 hours. IF I do a powerbutton reset , I don't even get a true reboot. If I do a smart card reset I gain back my 8day guide. Can't we get a reboot practice which does everything at one time? I don't want to lose my 8day guide if this receiver reboots everynight because of the software update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts