922 1 minute recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
Does this happen to everyone every once in a while when ever your box feels like it on random shows. Now I'm not willing to give up my box because of this period but I was just curious. I love my 922 but this is irritating.
Also does anyone else have a problem with tv2 not showing the guide.

Last edited:
Have you tried a hard reset? Unplug the receiver from the main power source for 10 seconds and see if this corrects the issue. Are you able to playback the 1 minute recording? Is this happening on all recordings or only some?

Have you tried a hard reset? Unplug the receiver from the main power source for 10 seconds and see if this corrects the issue. Are you able to playback the 1 minute recording? Is this happening on all recordings or only some?

Mike
Ive tried hard resets it still does it, It will show the one minute so it is recording one minute of the show but it does it just randomly it will show user completed recording whatever show it happens to be and it doesn't do it very often its usually a tnt show or usa show it did to suits last week and to franklin and bash yesterday its very very weird. Is it possible that I have a bad box its brand new. Or is it in the stream telling it to only record one min.

Well update here they overnighted me a new box so we will see how this one does hopefully alot better. I just don't want to give up my User Interface on this box its beautiful and I'm quite attached to it problems and all. They said at dish that my other box may have taken the update badly.

keckge said:
Well update here they overnighted me a new box so we will see how this one does hopefully alot better. I just don't want to give up my User Interface on this box its beautiful and I'm quite attached to it problems and all. They said at dish that my other box may have taken the update badly.

Is the replacement a 922 as well?

Yep this one wouldn't even power up so they are sending a tech out with a two brand new ones today lets see what happens now. This is driving me nuts the guy wanted me to get a hopper I'm like I will lose 6 tuners with a hopper joey system unless you want to give me 4 hoppers for free Hes like so you really don't want the hopper I'm like no I tried to get two and keep what I have I called everyone from loyalty to executive resolution and not one person could help me I was like hell even If I somehow got his phone number and called Charles Ergan himself I probably still couldn't get 2 hoppers and keep my legacy equipment. Hes like I will bring two brand new boxs out so that one of them works before I leave.

Last edited:
Well the new one seems to work ok, I backed up everything into THREE remotes, well anyway he finished the install and everything kept cancelling the program guide download. So I go to put everything back in from the remote NO GO. Im ready to have a coronary (SP) Im like dear god I have to put every thing back in manually. So after trying for about 10 mins I'm like maybe the guide data needs to be in there before it will restore so I unplug the darn thing and plug it back in and download the guide data and then perform the restore from the remote and worked exactly as it should have. YEA!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't lose anything, So to people with 922's you must have the guide data downloaded before you preform a restore from the remote control.

edit I did the three remotes because you have no idea what the tech guy is going to do to your remote or screw it up and preform the practice backwards and delete everything you saved so I don't take chances, Mine didn't even know you could back up you box into your remote this time so be careful when handing them your remote. They may know how to install them but 2 out of 3 do not know that much about your box and how to use alot of its features I have found. Not to say that I am some Dish Network Guru because I am the farthest away from that, but I play with my box alot more then they do.

Last edited:
New one same problem. Weird Third Box. And USA always seems to be the culprit one min of unnecessary roughness what on earth could this be.

Quick question do you think it could be a bad OTA module just thought of that it only happens when that is in use........... just dawned on me. Or the fact I'm even using one in a 922.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts