922 and DLNA (UPnP) from LG NAS

rec9140

Original poster
May 11, 2012
110W
I have a LG NAS Unit N1A1DD1 which has a DLNA sever built in. Along with the torrent server/client.

I have tested that the LG DLNA server works via VLC and it plays back quite nicely. :)

The 922, no joy, video or audio.

I hit Home Media, get a list of my LG NAS unit, and click on it, and it just has those green bars going back and forth, forever, no media is ever listed. Eventually during this scan it will just lock up so much that the device list shows nothing, and the only way to get it back is to reboot the 922 or let it reboot during the 0300 download.

LG NAS has mediaPLU

Any one have any joy with the 922 and DLNA? with LG NAS?

I can play back via VLC just fine... I have no other DLNA servers or clients like streaming boxes other than the 922. I would like to get the 922 and the LG to play nice to play the media pulled in.

922 and LG are on the same LAN switch, don't have a hub to check with, and if I did it would be an ancient 10Mbs one, v. the 1GbE I use now.

I would prefer not to have to mirror or SMB or NFS mount the LG's content to another device and then use miniDLNA or MediaTomb unless thats the absolute last and only recourse? ?

Any ideas ?? ? (please note below)... Thanks!

NOTE: I am a Linux only user and person. I do not have any knowledge of or access to any "W" OS based products or systems.

Dish Hopper, TV Everywhere??

delete multiple but not all recordings in a folder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)