922 and EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hunter Mackenzie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
I know the EHD function on the 922 works...But my question is will I be able to use the hard drives I have on my 722 on the 922?....I plan on dumping everythng on the 722 to an EHD and then upgrade to the 922...

Yes you will. Remember the 922 can only read drives that were connected to a 622/722/722k the 922 can not currently record to those drives. (But that feature is coming shortly!) :)

....Remember the 922 can only read drives that were connected to a 622/722/722k the 922 can not currently record to those drives. (But that feature is coming shortly!) :)

:rolleyes:

I love pioneers. You can always pick them out by the arrows in their back!

To follow up this question. Is there a charge for me to be able to back up my 622 dvr to an EHD ?!

Thanks in advance.

Yes, if you do not currently have external hard drive support on your account you will have to pay a 1 time fee of $40 to add that to your account. The good news is that then you'll be able to use external hard drives on all VIP DVRs on your account going forward.

Pretty much any EHDD will work. The key is that is must be a single drive (not two drives together in one case like some of the very large drives). It will be formatted when you activate it on the receiver so you would lose any other information that you had on the drive. However, if you decide that you only want to use it to transfer information between the two receivers then you can make the transfer and then reformat it for use on a PC again.

I can't get my EHD to transfer data to my 922. The drive isn't recognized until I unplug it, then I get a message that it's been unplugged, but cannot transfer data from EHD to 922.

EHD

A CSR once told me that a 722 would want to format an EHD that had been used on a 622 thus losing the existing programs recorded onto it. I guess he was wrong about that if either 622 or 722 would be read by the 922. Still learning.

Yes you will. Remember the 922 can only read drives that were connected to a 622/722/722k the 922 can not currently record to those drives. (But that feature is coming shortly!) :)

I can't get my EHD to transfer data to my 922. The drive isn't recognized until I unplug it, then I get a message that it's been unplugged, but cannot transfer data from EHD to 922.
That will happen along with recording to EHD in the near future.

To follow up this question. Is there a charge for me to be able to back up my 622 dvr to an EHD ?!

Thanks in advance.

Actually, you won't be running a "back up" of your ViP622. The programs will exist on the DVR or the EHD, but you won't have the same thing on both. It's a "move" not a "copy."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts