922 Beta Done?

922guy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I got an email overnight thanking me for participating in the 922 beta and asking me to fill out a final survey.

I hope this is not the end of the beta, as this thing is NOT ready for the public.

One thing I noticed at the beta feedback site is the picture of the 922 now shows the 922 with one 922 touch remote and one UHF 722k remote (21.0).

I feel this is going to be a MAJOR mistake if they release the 922 as it is now.

Well 922guy, make sure you list everything that is wrong with this thing on the survey, so they can correct it. I'm sure this thing will be loaded with bugs, since it seems they are rushing it out? :confused:

They may have another round of tests planned. They may have major resources committed to fixing the identified bugs. After all, the purpose of a test program is to identify bugs.

Or maybe not. We'll know soon enough.

hey the marketing department says it MUST BE OUT IMMEDIATELY for the holiday shopping season.......

so out the door they go bugs and all, its a dish tradition:(

and note the 722K also has a running bug thread, and its been out a long time.

all truly sad...............

I just went through my email and see I also got the email which was sent on Friday Night. I would have missed it if it were not from this thread.

I see others have gotten it as well as they mentioned it on another forum I run.

Here is a copy of the email that was sent.

Retailers,

We would like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who has participated in the ViP 922 Beta Test Drive program. We have received invaluable feedback over the course of the testing period and would like to wrap up with your final thoughts! Please take time over the course of the next two weeks to complete the remaining survey.

Link Removed....

This link can also be found on the Retailer Care Site home page under “Recent Updates”. We appreciate your time and dedication in making this ViP 922 Beta Test Drive program such a huge success and thank you again for your feedback.

Thanks,
DishChat
I have not responded to it yet, but do plan to. I am working up a big list of things I see that are still issues. I will reserve overall judgement on the unit and will not give my review until it has release software (ie non beta software) on it.

I have a feeling that on tonight's Charlie Chat we could be hearing the release details.

The image shown on the Survey Website does show the 922 with only 1 touch remote and the second remote a 21.0 UHF remote. I find that very interesting. :)

BTW for those sitting on the sidelines with their thumbs up their butts (that's you Mr. Vernon) there was no NDA for the 922 beta test if you received your unit by attending Team Summit. However some other beta testers who did not get their unt from Team Summit did sign a NDA.

I opend this special beta forum after asking permission from Dish Network and was told that because the retailers did not have a NDA then it was not against any of their rules.

Think about it for a moment, I would not have opened this forum if I did not ask Dish first. ;)

Please stop trying to save face or just make up crap just so you look like you know what your talking about, because obviously you don't. Sometimes when you know nothing its better to shut up and say nothing then open up your mouth and end lookinig stupider then you are when all is said and done.

I look forward to completing the survey and doing a full review of the 922 once release software is made available.

Attachments

• 922beta.jpg
    922beta.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 226
Didn't some guy come here and post that it was going to be released within a few weeks and everyone disputed what he said ? Maybe he was right.... Besides, what receivers has Dish released "when they're ready" ?

So can you use the 722k ir remote in place of the new scratch pad remote controls? Because the new scratch pad remote control is the one thing that is keeping me from ever using the 922 receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)