Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
For Retailers on the First Look Beta, this news is for you! :)

New Software Update for ViP 922 DVR First Look Beta Testing – We have a new software update coming out within the next few days for our ViP 922 DVR beta test. This new software update will provide operation of the following: dual-tuner mode and TV2 functionality, the MODE button (to switch between single-tuner PIP and dual-tuner modes), the Un-Link feature for remote controls, and more!

• Information for New Software Update – the updated First Look ViP 922 DVR Software document for the new beta software will be available soon on the Retailer Care Site > Info Center > Hot Topics > ViP 922 DVR First Look.

• Remember that you must turn your receiver off to get your download of the new software update.

• Finding the Correct Remote Control Firmware Version

o To find the correct remote firmware version for your ViP 922 DVR, first press MENU twice on the remote control to open the System Information screen (or touch SYSTEM INFO twice on the receiver front panel).

o On the upper right-hand side of the System Information screen, look below the “x Close” button.

o Under each remote linked to the receiver you will see a line of information beginning with “FW” (“firmware”); the “HW” below that line is the hardware version number. The last four characters in the firmware (FW) line indicates the latest version of firmware loaded on your remote control, such as S045.

• During Remote Control Firmware Updates

o The receiver updates the firmware for your remote automatically; it currently checks for updates right after the receiver has been rebooted. You’ll notice a pop-up box indicating that the receiver is updating the firmware, and you’ll also see lights flashing on the front of the receiver during this update.

o Remember to place the remote close to the receiver while the firmware is updating.

o After the firmware update is complete, you may need to close the System Information screen and then reopen the screen to see a change in the firmware number.

o There will be new firmware in this next software release.

I got the new software and played with it last night, this receiver is quickly coming together and is turning into a nice receiver.

Now only if they could get the DVR timers working correctly. (smile!)

I got the new software and played with it last night, this receiver is quickly coming together and is turning into a nice receiver.

Now only if they could get the DVR timers working correctly. (smile!)

And the OTA channels, and the EHD, and Sling.

I was at least able to scan the local channels, but they don't show up in the guide.

Sling is still working for me in the house, and also over the weekend I went to the dish.sling.com website and was able to add my 922 to my account and set recordings on my 922 plus was able to watch live video from my 922 via the website on my mac!

Its coming along.

plus was able to watch live video from my 922 via the website on my mac!
Great news! Was your mac on your local LAN at the time? (I thought I read in another thread that the remote sling function wasn't there yet.)

Yes on the local network. It was the first time I was able to view the 922 on my mac. (And it was the first time I was able to watch Slingbox on my mac through the sling website.)

What was neat was when I went to connect it showed the other slingbox units on my network and the 922 photo displayed as an actual picture of the 922.

I should note that through the website none of the remote control features worked on the mac itself.

Also if I try connecting to the 922 via the Slingplayer Application for the Mac I get a message that this version of the software is not compatible with that Slingbox.

I should note that through the website none of the remote control features worked on the mac itself.
How did you control it then? Did you hit the Play On PC button (I don't have this so I don't know what it's called), or did you use your physical remote? If physical remote, which one did you use? (TV1 remote or TV2 remote?) My Watch On TV button changes the TV1 program. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)