922 bit the dust

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Yesterday while watching a few recorded shows on my 922, I experienced random shutdowns. The receiver was completely off, no lights or response from the remote.
I unplugged it and I was watching tv again until now, it happened again and this time the thing would shut off after accruing the satellite signal.

I called dish and paid $20 for overnight shipping with the protection plan for a new receiver, should be here tomorrow.

I wonder what the hell happened to it :/

Darn good question. I don't have a 922, but other Dish receivers I have examined do not have any security sticker on the lid. If you take that off, you might look inside for an obvious hardware failure...

no way will ird go from usa to puerto rico in a day, especially here in usa when dish sends something its always 3-5 days.
i suppose it will arrive when it arrives

The guy said it would be 3-5 days on regular mail and $20 overnight, said I should have it by Wednesday in the worst case scenario( I have no prob waiting, its the wife and her cooking shows that's giving me a hard time) :D

meh I've only had this receiver for 5-6 months. Hope the next one lasts a year at least.

Yesterday while watching a few recorded shows on my 922, I experienced random shutdowns. The receiver was completely off, no lights or response from the remote.
I unplugged it and I was watching tv again until now, it happened again and this time the thing would shut off after accruing the satellite signal.

I called dish and paid $20 for overnight shipping with the protection plan for a new receiver, should be here tomorrow.

I wonder what the hell happened to it :/

Yea over the weekend same thing happend to mine back home....Got the call from daughter home from collage, was off more than on?..Just another "glitch" we can add to the 922 string of problems I guess????

Kinda sucks how dish abandoned the 922. If I experience problems with the next one I think I'm getting a 722k + sling adapter.

I thought I wouldn't miss the sling feature today at work, but I quickly pulled out my evo to try to watch the news and then I remembered my 922 was screwed :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)