922 getting better?

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
Sure sounds like a great reciever on paper....Reading up lots sound unhappy?

Any thoughts by real user's?

I will be using the sling side most of the time due to being on the road....Back home nobody realy cares or understands much.

I like that it should keep improving(922) but dont want to miss my sports ether, baseball starts in a week!!

Any input good or bad, need to make disision soon, thanks!

It works well. Well enough to not have any issues saying go for it if you want it.

But, (there is always a but), it definitely appears that the 722 will get more attention than the 922. For example 922 sling never really worked well until the 722 got sling and they finally got around to fixing it. TV2 and EHD support took forever to come out on the 922. Google TV came to the 722 first (still not on the 922). The new VOD is on the 722, not on the 922 yet. The 922 does what it does, but it is not the flagship.

I've had mine for a few weeks now and it's been rock solid. It only so far had it cut off one program, but turned out it was due to me playing with Sling that aborted the recording on TV2. I find the UI overall much faster feeling than my 622 that it replaced. The OTA ATSC tuner (not free, see dislikes below) shows up on TV2 now which is nice. A few nights a week I have three recordings going on at once and it's handled them fine so far. The online guide updates to the 922 almost instantly when I was migrating my timers over by hand. The remotes now can sync it claims the programming and many settings so you can sync them back if need be (haven't tried it, but nice to not have to redo the timers again...)

Things I don't like... 1) Sling still isn't quite there yet... the WebUI can be a bit clunky and sluggish. Thru the Android phone their app is still a bit buggy, and doesn't fill the display. 2) You have to pay for the OTA ATSC tuner which was included in my 622. I was mislead by two different CSRs who assured me it was there and free now (they kept confusing it with the TV2 option), but then I had to order it after the fact... 3) Silly but I miss the skip ahead 24hrs in the guide via the remote, it's been changed to a 2 - 3 hour skip ahead in guide instead. We used to use this a lot for checking the first run movies on the weekends with HBO, etc. 4) Did I mention buggy Sling? ;) Occasionally I go to login to the Web site and it asks for the receiver ID and won't do anything which is really annoying.

-Mike

Skip ahead 24 hours in the guide functionality exists on the 922. It has been moved from the "SKIP FWD" buttion (which now does 2-3 hour skips as you noticed) to the "FWD" button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts