922 hard drive numbers wrong?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
So I had a 922 die on me about 2 weeks ago roughly. It has since been replaced, but I've had a quirky issue with my new box. Ever since I first hooked it up, the HDD info has been incorrect. It fixed itself for a couple of days, but now it is back to being all screwed up.

It has not affected recording in any way, just kind of annoying and I'm wondering what can be done about it (Resetting receiver hasn't helped)

My receiver currently has 1% full with 7 recordings. (OK... so now it started working in the last few hours). Generally it has been telling me that I'm 200%+ full for HDD usage. Any ideas?

So I had a 922 die on me about 2 weeks ago roughly. It has since been replaced, but I've had a quirky issue with my new box. Ever since I first hooked it up, the HDD info has been incorrect. It fixed itself for a couple of days, but now it is back to being all screwed up.

It has not affected recording in any way, just kind of annoying and I'm wondering what can be done about it (Resetting receiver hasn't helped)

My receiver currently has 1% full with 7 recordings. (OK... so now it started working in the last few hours). Generally it has been telling me that I'm 200%+ full for HDD usage. Any ideas?

I am sorry that your receiver was showing the 200%full error on your DVR. This is a Known issue with the 922 and it does normally correct itself. It does not normally effect the operation of the unit but I am glad it is showing correct now.

Cool - as long as it's a known issue i'm fine with that. I just hate being the only one. lol Gets lonely that way. It's weird because it's fine one day, then the next it will be wrong again.

Cool - as long as it's a known issue i'm fine with that. I just hate being the only one. lol Gets lonely that way. It's weird because it's fine one day, then the next it will be wrong again.

If it is happening often then please let me know and I will submit a Technical Report on the issue for your account. Thanks!

I've only had the receiver for maybe 2 weeks? I think I got it last weekend though if I remember correctly. I know it's happened on at least 3 occassions though. I will let you know if it continues.

I recommend that you "protect" your recordings on your 922. I've had the same issue happen to my 922 twice, and the first time all my "unprotected" recordings were automatically erased when the capacity incorrectly went over 100%. A little annoying, but not the end of the world. The second time I had already learned from the first and lost nothing.

I haven't noticed that, as I always have a decent amount of stuff recorded to catch up on (minimum being 5 or 6 items). When HDD prices fall back into this world, I may investigate the option of getting an external HDD setup on my account, and see if DIRT can assist in a possible price reduction - being this isn't for my convenience, it's to keep their stuff from wiping out all my recordings when it crashes.

glowrdr said:
I haven't noticed that, as I always have a decent amount of stuff recorded to catch up on (minimum being 5 or 6 items). When HDD prices fall back into this world, I may investigate the option of getting an external HDD setup on my account, and see if DIRT can assist in a possible price reduction - being this isn't for my convenience, it's to keep their stuff from wiping out all my recordings when it crashes.

Its kinda hard to reduce a price that is zero any lower. There is no fee to activate a hdd for arciving, you just plug it in and use it.

Sent from my DROIDX

newegg had some great prices on external hdd this past week, not sure if they are still low. now internal drives are still pretty crazy. wish they would come down soon.

I knew they waved the fee, but for some weird reason I still thought it was there. I think I was thinking of the fee to turn my 211 into a DVR

IMG_0353.JPG

I just got my replacement receiver a week ago (hard drive went in old one) and today its showing 215% full with 5 recordings. I had my old one for 11 months and it never did this. I tried unplugging it for a minute but it didn't help.

Just so you know you're not the only one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)