922 HD 216% to Full

AIsmail

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
Stewartsville, NJ
Got my replacement 922 and after recording about 5 one to two hour programs, my screen tells me that my hard drive is 216% full. I don't know but something about that doesn't sound right. It already missed one timer so I guess I'm in for a whole host of new quirks.

I'm thinking Hopper/Joey more and more.

Got my replacement 922 and after recording about 5 one to two hour programs, my screen tells me that my hard drive is 216% full. I don't know but something about that doesn't sound right. It already missed one timer so I guess I'm in for a whole host of new quirks.

First when something does not seem right try a RBR,push in the red button behind the left door on the front of the 922.If it still does not seem right try a Hard Reset,unplug the 922 for 2 minutes.

If it still does not work correctly have it replaced it is possible to get a bad one.But try to give it at least 48 hours for things to straighten out.Good Luck!:)

I had a 922 for about 6 mos. and had nothing but problems. Went back to 722K and upgraded to the Hopper when it was released. I have had only minor issues. Nothing even worth mentioning and DISH has been updating software on a fairly regular basis. Not like on the 922. I Love the Hopper

This is a known issue. Sometimes a reboot will fix it, sometimes not. It'll eventually fix itself.

Look into replacing the 922 with a single Hopper and maybe some Joeys. The Hopper is much more stable. External Sling Adapter ($30) if you want that. Off-air tuners are a future option so if you need off-air hold off. You can get a Hopper without Joeys if you keep asking.

This is a known issue. Sometimes a reboot will fix it, sometimes not. It'll eventually fix itself.

Look into replacing the 922 with a single Hopper and maybe some Joeys. The Hopper is much more stable. External Sling Adapter ($30) if you want that. Off-air tuners are a future option so if you need off-air hold off. You can get a Hopper without Joeys if you keep asking.

Yeah, I've looked into it. The quote I got wasn't bad at all for a 2 Hopper & 2 Joey setup. With the inexpensive sling adapter, the 922 with its extra $4 fee isn't worth it anymore. Forget about its quirky software. Off air tuners are not needed for me. The 2 Hopper/2 Joey system would actually save me $10 a month. I just wish I could keep my existing 211 on account I turned it to a dvr and I understand those recordings would be lost to me cause they can't be transferred to another box.

Go ahead and back up your DVR content. hopper works a little different than most receivers. From what I understand you should be able to use the backups with Hopper.

normally you can only move between the same model receiver. The hopper does not have that restriction. It should accept content from any model receiver.

Sent from my G2x using Tapatalk 2

Go ahead and back up your DVR content. hopper works a little different than most receivers. From what I understand you should be able to use the backups with Hopper.

normally you can only move between the same model receiver. The hopper does not have that restriction. It should accept content from any model receiver.

Thank you. I actually did upgrade to a 2 Hopper/2 Joey set up and I'm loving it. I did back up my stuff on 2 seperate EHD. One of them works, the other does not. I chatted with a DIRT member and she tried a bunch of things but sadly no luck. Ironically an EHD I have from way, way back that was on an old account still works. Someone suggested trying to save the stuff via transferring it to a LINUX based computer, reformatting the drive, and then putting it back. I plan on doing that when I can find someone with a LINUX computer. I wish there wasn't so many issues with this sort of thing.

i had to get a replacement 922 also had the no lights and loud fan issue.... i hooked up my replacement 922 on weds night and it has been fine until this morning now i'm getting the 216% full thing.... did this end up fixing itself i do i need to contact dish for yet another replacement.... my contract is up this month maybe i'll say screw it cut the cord or go through another provider.

StoopDude said:
i had to get a replacement 922 also had the no lights and loud fan issue.... i hooked up my replacement 922 on weds night and it has been fine until this morning now i'm getting the 216% full thing.... did this end up fixing itself i do i need to contact dish for yet another replacement.... my contract is up this month maybe i'll say screw it cut the cord or go through another provider.

It did end up correcting itself. It took a day or so.

I upgraded a guy from a 622 to 1H2J and his 622 ehd didn't work. The hopper showed it as attached but did not show content. This guy was twisted pissed. We called Dash and the support guy on the other end stated categorically that all ehd must go to the same type of receiver. I suspect it isn't that cut and dried, but I am a rookie installer and still learning.

I'm actually thinking of upgrading my 625 to a 922 instead of a Hopper. I can rig the house so all four TV's see the 922 and the 722 so that kills the "whole home dvr" thing. And, I have four instead of three tuners. And, PTAT is less than useless where I am at. With all the bugs I have read about and encountered installing them.......... Hoppers need a bit of time to mature.

Having said all that, I've only installed one 922. So I gotta do the research before contacting dish in customer mode.

The EHDs on the 612/622/722/722k/922 and Hopper are all interchangeable. At least they are supposed to be.

TheKrell said:
The EHDs on the 612/622/722/722k/922 and Hopper are all interchangeable. At least they are supposed to be.

Yeah I've been told that also. All I know is that it didn't work for us during that install. I feel bad for the guy since he "lost" a lot of dvr stuff.

Should have waited at least 24 hrs before giving up. That's my opinion based on reports here of odd behavior for a brand new Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)