922 Keeps Turning TV on AND going to screensaver!!!

denisestokes

Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Atlanta
I just got my VIP922 from Dish and have it connected to my Philips 47PFL3704D/F7 via hdmi cable. :mad: There are two very irritating issues:

1. When I turn the system off - the tv comes back on within 30 seconds. It does ot matter if I turn off the 922 first or the tv first. It also does nto make a difference if I use the tv remote to turn the tv off - it still comes back on!! Any ideas?

2. The screensaver kills me. I want to be able to leave my tv on nonstop if I want to but it always goes to the screensaver at some point. I disabled the option but apparently the auto update sends it to screensaver anyway. I do not believe there is an auto tune for this box. Ay ideas?

I really dont need a $400 cable box that wont stay off when I want it completely off or stay on when I want it on nonstop!! Please help if you can.

922 always sends HDMI signals. Off is not really off just a screen saver. You will have to change the TV's settings not to turn on automatically with HDMI signal.

You can setup an auto tune timer. When setting the timer just change the first dropdown choice from DVR to Auto tune.

Than ks 4 Input - Further Question

922 always sends HDMI signals. Off is not really off just a screen saver. You will have to change the TV's settings not to turn on automatically with HDMI signal.

Hey - thanks for the input. I wll contact Philips and see how to set my tv not to recieve hdmi signal. But the funny thing is that I disconnected the hdmi cable from thetv and dish rcvr to see and I still have the same problem with the tv coming back on.
Do you know how I disconnect all power from VIP922 so that I can test it that way? Had the tv 2 years and just started having this problem the day Dish got hooked up so I am an sure it's Dish...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)