922 Locked In Start-up Loop

carefreepastor

Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Sometime between 10:30 PM on Monday, December 5 and 10:30 AM on Tuesday, December 6, both of my 922s locked into an endless start-up loops. My suspicion is that Dish did an overnight update and borked both receivers. I was told that a fix was in the works. However, it is now Thursday night and neither 922 is working. Are others experiencing something similar?

Sometime between 10:30 PM on Monday, December 5 and 10:30 AM on Tuesday, December 6, both of my 922s locked into an endless start-up loops. My suspicion is that Dish did an overnight update and borked both receivers. I was told that a fix was in the works. However, it is now Thursday night and neither 922 is working. Are others experiencing something similar?
922 receivers rely on the hard drive to boot, defective drive by power surge, stream update or normal wear, can give you that error

Thanks for an attempted answer trojan67. All of those were solid ideas. It was the stream update, which was faulty. Dish has admitted it. A fix was sent out on Wednesday. However it did not take on either of my 922s. Kimesco, thank you for your work around. It restored both 922s to operating condition.

Just got a email from dish saying my 922 might not work due to a software update. They say to call them and tech support can fix it . So far my 922 is working fine... Hats off to dish for reaching out.

My 922 also went out on Tuesday morning.......I own the receiver....needless to say I upgraded to the Hopper 2. Won't be long before they become obsolete. Dish has already taken away all the "on Demand" powers.

They always were. I was so disappointed in this receiver that I traded it back on the reliable 722k. Now happy with the hopper 3 and have had all the classes of the hopper.

I think Dish should release a software update that will disable the junky 922 receivers forcing customers to upgrade to better receivers such as Hopper/Joey/Wally system or a good reliable VIP family receiver. I definitely would not want a 922.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I think Dish should release a software update that will disable the junky 922 receivers forcing customers to upgrade to better receivers such as Hopper/Joey/Wally system or a good reliable VIP family receiver. I definitely would not want a 922.
Worst part was most people payed $200 just to have one......Dish didnt help those with multiple failures..

No, Dish should replace all 922's with 722's or Hoppers for FREE at the customers choice.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: blatimer1983
Worst part was most people payed $200 just to have one......Dish didnt help those with multiple failures..

That is true. I currently have a HWS with Super Joey and I have been very lucky with HWS/Super Joey. As far as I know I have not detected any severe problems with HWS/Super Joey yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)