922 Order

per my online chat with the csr i am not eligible for the upgrade because i recently "dishd it up". i have to wait (unless i want to pay full price) for one year from my dish'n it up date. does that sound right to you guys?

Yup it does unfortunately.

Basically they haven't made back the money to pay for the new equipment they just gave you when you did the Dish'n' it Up program.

DEFINITELY!!:D by the way i did have to call back twice to get a csr that would even acknowledge that i could even get the 922 without paying full retail. :cool:

I was told:

$200 for the receiver and installation fee $15
$17 for the receiver and $10 for DVR per month.

Quite steep

Sorry if this is OT. So, now that the 922 will be obsolete in a few months, or a year, (as were my state-of-the-art 622s), what's in the pipeline? Any chance of a HD DVR with HD for both TV 1 and TV2?

does the 922 actually have to be hooked up to High Speed ethernet/internet to function? I have HS internet, but dont have a jack where my current 622 is located. I want the 922 for a number of reasons...better looking guide/graphics...1 TB hard drive, and improved search function, but I dont intend to sling to my PC, nor do I intend to stream from the internet (for now, anyway). I do want to sling to another HD TV in a different room, once that sling 300(?) adapter is available, so I'll eventually hardwire an ethernet port behind my ent. center, I just dont need it now.

Will I encounter issues from E* with a 922 that's not continuously connected via ethernet (kinda like we used to encounter for not being continuously connected to a phone line)?

Sorry if this is OT. So, now that the 922 will be obsolete in a few months, or a year, (as were my state-of-the-art 622s), what's in the pipeline? Any chance of a HD DVR with HD for both TV 1 and TV2?

:haha

Actually, with the ViP922 & sling technology, you can have HD on two TVs.

Looking forward to the remote-less ViP1022T with telepathic interface?

I was told:

$200 for the receiver and installation fee $15
$17 for the receiver and $10 for DVR per month.

Quite steep

Sounds like you had a 722 and a 612 perhaps? The 722 went from being your free receiver to a second receiver and you now pay $17/month for it. You should have already been charged $10/month for the 612. The 922 is now the "free" one on your account. To see only the $4/month difference you will have to drop the 722 and just have the "free" 922 and the $10 612.

After reading again what you said, perhaps you had just a 722 with a $6 DVR fee? Now you have to pay for the 722 and the dvr fee went to $10, so a net increase in the bill of $21.

Just got off the phone with a csr to order the 922. He told me it would cost 649.00 and there were no special for leases or current customers. Now way this thing takes off for that price. Anyone else have any info?

Just ordered a 922! Ok, Im excited about it...

200 bucks plus 15 install..
Not too bad!

Will be installed tomarow morning 8-12

Hope its as quiet as the 722...

The rep said I have to wait till Dec for the $200 upgrade but I could call in and talk to a supervisor and possible get an override.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)