922 questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JROO

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
salt lake city
I read the responses from satguys quite often. I don't social over the blog that much. I thought I would ask a few questions directly to youall or a dish rep.

I have been with dish for many years. I have a 622 works great and recently a 722 which just kept rebooting. I signed up for 922 and have had it for over a week. I also got the OTA module. Problem; with the 622 & 722 I can record on TV2 using the main tv (TV1) and can change programs without interrupting TV2 recording. If I am watching a program and decide I would like to record it, I press record button and several options are presented (record to TV1 or TV2, record remainder of the program, etc.). I can then change stations and watch another program. The 922 does not give me those options, which I use all the time. When I press record on the 922, the only option is to change the increase or decrease the recording time. If I want to watch another program I have to stop the recording. Is this the way it is? Is there a work around? Will there be a software update to add this function? I am disappointed that the newer more expensive DVR does not have this function. As reported on the blog how do you record 4 programs at once? The help menu and manual is very spars.
Thank you for your help.

Sounds to me like you are in dual mode. Hit the mode button on the front and put it in single mode.

You need to go into menu/settings/record plus and enable tv2 recording preference

To record 4 programs at once you need the over the air module and an antenna. Only does local channels

I'd like to help you out with your post, JROO, as it caught my attention. The 922 is the only receiver that doesn't allow you to manually record programs and choose which TV (1 or 2) to record on. Any other type of DVR receiver will allow you to do that. In regards to recording four programs, what you can do is set timers to record two satellite programs and two local programs. It's possible for you to record the two locals because you have an OTA module.

Hope that helps!

Mikel has the correct answer. I have the worthless 922 i wish i had waited and gotten the 722 with the sling adaptor. The only reason for anyone to get the 922 is for the 3d viewing of any 3d content dish may have otherwise the 722 with sling adaptor is the better choice hope you can change, if dish would allow me to change at no additonial cost that is what i would do.

I was an early adopter of the 922 and kept if till November of last year when I traded it back in for a brand new 722k from the online retailer I bought it from. The 922 was a big disappointment to me and did not live up to the promised features that we were supposed to get. IN the end it is nothing more than a souped up hard drive on a 722k platform ,but with better hd graphics & channel logos. It now operates like the 722/722k series with tv 1 & tv2 in dual mode. It doesn't even do manual or dish pass timers unless you do it online . The 722k + sling adapter can do sling better than the 922 does, with better picture quality. Once the Sling Extender comes out , if EVER,it will finally give us tv 2 in hd in the other room. Oh and the 922 charges you $10.00 for a dvr fee vs $6.00 for the 722/722k dvrs. I would advise all who are looking at the 922 to really think about it carefully. With the new Xip 813 coming out , the 922 will quickly be left behind as the so called "flagship receiver". The 813 will share the same graphics and channel logos , menus etc, so your not missing anything by waiting for the 813 vs getting the 922 today. And the 813 will have 3 sat tuners and can work on 4 hd tvs in your house and all share dvr functions. You can also add usb ota tuner modules to the 110 receivers ( for the other tvs in your house) that come with this 813 dvr. So you could add 3 110 modules in your other bedrooms and a usb ota tuner on each one of those and the 813 itself. So 4 ota tuners could be added to go with the 3 sat tuners= 7 shows at a time could be recorded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts