922 Remote (32.0) - Can it do a 722 on AUX?

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
With my old "Silver Remotes", there was a way to control another Dish Receiver (via IR) using the [AUX] mode on the primary remote.

However, with the new 922 remote, it seems there is no way to do this. What I want to do is have the 922 remote control a 722 when it is in AUX mode.

Is this possible?

THANKS - And "Happy New Year" to all! :)

This was a funny one and I had to literally go "play" with it to try it. Its actually a completely different tech in the remote. The 32.0 has a unique mac address rather then a standard address used with older tech remotes. I even tried to program using "3" as the first character to designate DISH equipment and it just kills the programming mode. Sorry to say, it does not work. Hope this answers your question.

The only way currently would be to use learning mode and teach it all the buttons from an IR remote set to the address of the 722.

Thanks guys for the fast response. I went through all of the choices and menu's and could not find it either.

Bummer.

This was a nice feature. Maybe someday it will come back.................in the '42.0' remote! :D

n0qcu said:
The only way currently would be to use learning mode and teach it all the buttons from an IR remote set to the address of the 722.

That is what I was going to say. It will work. Just have it "learn" all the commands. It will take awhile but it will work

Well, after reading the posts here, I went to try to do this. On the 922 the way it learns is Menu-Settings-Remote and then selecting the learn. It then asks for the type of device it is learning (i.e. DVD, etc). I tried a couple just to even get channels and power and got nothing. The idea in itself was a great one, so if you have a way to make it work, certainly post the instructions. From what I tried, none of it would work and it did not flash the low battery 8-pulse deal to let me know it couldn't learn. I believe this all boils down to the basic way the old remote programmed with that first character designating what device it is running and the rest be manufacturer code. None of the options on this initial setup (before being able to learn) list DISH Network receiver, or any other subscription providers receiver (Comcast etc.). I am pretty sure that is the only limitation, as the old remotes required that designation to be correct in order for the code to work in the right manner then. And maybe, just maybe a future remote may bring that feature back. I will certainly send it over to Technical Operations as an update request.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts