922 Remote Control Channel Issues

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
I just got my 922 up and running. It needed some serious software updates before it worked, but they came through and now I'm on S101.

However, I cannot get the remote controls to communicate, save for 1.

I have a 722 receiver, and have the remote control codes set to '1' for that unit.

For the 922, I cannot get it to acknowledge the remote that came with it, or a UHF V21.0 new remote I have.

It does work with the IR 722 Ch1 Remote (v20.0), but I don't want it to - I want to move this 922 to another channel so I don't have to reprogram the other remotes throughout the house. (I use a Channel Plus modulator so the 722 can be seen in all of the rooms in the house on CH 81)

Anyway, If I go to "Settings/Remote Control" on the new fangled menu, I can only select IR, and the main area says "Welcome to the Remote Manager. Sorry, this device is not supported by the Remote Manager.

How can I get my 32.0 remote to work with this unit, preferably on channel 5, 6, 7 or whatever - not 1.

THANKS

PS - These's no book with the unit, or on the Dish site. Kinda odd.

The 922 only accepts channel 1 on IR so if you want to be IR you must reprogram your other receivers.

Assuming you want to use the 32.0 remote (UHF) you need to sync it with the receiver. Go to the system info screen (hit menu menu on the front of the receiver), then hold the SAT button on the 32.0 remote. It should sync the remote (it will show up under remotes on the right side of the screen).

There are no channel numbers for the 32.0 remote. Hit menu twice on the 922 front panel. To link the remote to the receiver hit the sat button on the remote.

Thanks. I got the 32.0 remote working with the 922.

I guess it looks like I have to reset the 722 remotes to a different channel. Oh well, no big deal I guess.

Thanks for the F*A*S*T response! This place, as always, rocks! :D

Yes, as there is no TV2 it would be controlling the same material. But yes, you can link multiple remotes with the same receiver (if you can find additional remotes)...

With TV2 gone.... It is weird having two programs recording at the same time and the TV2 record light not lit...

Here's something weird I just discovered.

I wanted to set the 722 to a new code, since I had to leave the 922 at '1'.

So, I went to the Dish Network site to download the 722 manual .PDF file. I downloaded the thing (it was 100Mb+), and in the index it said all of this stuff was in Chapter 10 of the manual. Guess what? Chapter 10 is no longer in the .PDF!!

It goes right from Chapter 8 to the appendix! Very odd.

Fortunately, I was able to dig out my "real" 722 manual, and the pages were still there. Weird.

One more question: can the AUX on the 32.0 remote be programmed to control an additional satellite receiver? (My 722) It won't let me do it the old way: Hold down AUX till all top lights up, press 3, the code, (*), the RECORD.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts