922 Sling Aspect Ratio 4:3 on HD Channels????

NTIMID8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
Hi,

Is there a way to change the sling aspect ratio to 16:9 on the Vip922? When I view a HD channel via PC/I explorer it is black bared to 4x3. The 922 is new to me but for the life of me I cant find anything in the menus.

Now, the weird thing is I also have a 722 with a dish sling usb adapter installed and it displays HD is the proper format.

What have I missed?

Thanks in advance

Phil

Last edited:
I have been trying for several months for dish to fix this with very little success... On Google Chrome you get the 16:9 ratio after much follow up but frames are dropped... I think picture is running at a 10 fps rate. On IE or Mozilla FF you get good fps but a cropped 4:3 screen. Dish please fix the 922 sling to PC's

Ya I agree, it doesn't make sense that a 722 with their sling adapter works fine in the same environment Ie browser type. I thought I might be a setting in the 922 but it appears not.

Hi,

Is there a way to change the sling aspect ratio to 16:9 on the Vip922? When I view a HD channel via PC/I explorer it is black bared to 4x3. The 922 is new to me but for the life of me I cant find anything in the menus.

Now, the weird thing is I also have a 722 with a dish sling usb adapter installed and it displays HD is the proper format.

What have I missed?

Thanks in advance

Phil

Been like this for a good 4 months maybe more?? I gave dirt all the info, they logged into my setup back home...Said that "There was no problem" and just blew me off..... Never heard back again after posting on this and at there site it just gets ignored!... On all my android devises it is fine....

This issue was just added our known product issue list. Our engineering department researching this issue. We will post any updates/ETA as soon as we receive them. Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
Man we need PATIENCE! At least I have a 722 with the sling adapter. All eyes are on the hopper and they have forgotten about the 922. Please fix the 922 sling to PC's (other devices work fine, problem is only when streaming 922 to a PC).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts