922 Sling Photos

I just noticed sling working from the 922 earlier today however now it does not seem to be there.

Not seeing the Sling from the 922 comming up as an option any longer, Anyone know how to bring it up. I have another sling solo in the office on a 722 connected with home plug. Yesterday I noticed when I tried to access the sling solo a second option was the 922.
It does not come up now. Anybody have any ideas how to access it?

Just logged into mine here from work and the 922 is coming up fine.

Remember officially the Sling software in the 922 does not work yet. The fact that some of us can get to it could be considered a bug.

I am waiting for the new software update, which hopefully officially ads Sling support (and turns on the real Sling features including HD streaming.)

I am waiting for the new software update, which hopefully officially ads Sling support (and turns on the real Sling features including HD streaming.)
:clap

Do you know what's actually going on under the hood? I'm wondering if the video is converted to analog and then back into digital by the Sling hardware. Or maybe it remains in the digital domain and there is no sling hardware...

Hi,
All the sling options have changed since this thread was started. I have a new 922 running sling version 3.1.71. The on screen remote has been taken away, and when loaded into your sling account, you can not watch it from Sling Player 2.0. You can view it on older sling player software however. It does not work on my Sling Catcher. You can only watch it from a browser on the DISH Network site. You can not watch it on the Sling.com site where I can view my other sling boxes. Same goes for my Sling Catcher. So the dish 922 sling has lost a lot of its capabilities with firmware updates. I can only assume that is by design. It has made the 922 virtually useless to me. If I had to do it again I would have stayed with my 522's. I have not tried the sling adapter on the 722's but I think they will be the same as the 922. I will try a Sling SOLO on the 922 as soon as I can get one for it. Then I will ignore the 922 Sling functionality. My DISH mini headend can be viewed on youtube.com search for sdh442.

Thanks,

You can no longer watch the 922 using older version of the Slingplayer software. The last update killed that unfortunately.

I hate using the online player SO MUCH.

I've had 922 for 8 months and I see alot of people on here with problems but I haven't had any problems I can watch it on my desktop, laptop, iPad, iPhone and at work!!!

Hi Cdog,
Don't get me wrong, the sling in the 922 does work. You do have to use it with Dishnetwork online though. I bought it to add to my collection of slingboxes that I have on different feeds. A couple of cable companies in the area, Comcast and Verizon, as well as on a Tivo and from a friend on Direct TV. I can view those on the slingplayer and on my blackberry. But I need a different interface for my 922. So I would rather just add a Sling SOLO on the 922 and not use the sling interface from DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts