922 Slinging to a Mac?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

djjenkins

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Can I get help from anyone that has gotten the 922 to Sling to their Mac? I can't get mine to work in Safari (32-bit mode) or Firefox. It tells me that there is a problem connecting to it, and that I should try later. I have Snow Leopard 10.6, btw.

I know my computer doesn't have speed problems (new MacBook Pro) and neither does my internet (12 Mbps down, 2-3 Mbps up). Also, I have Windows XP installed on my Mac, and in Firefox on Windows it can stream HD from the 922 fine. So I know it is not the computer/internet, but has to be Mac OS X somehow.

So, anyone out there with a Mac gotten the 922 to Sling to their Mac?

Can I get help from anyone that has gotten the 922 to Sling to their Mac? I can't get mine to work in Safari (32-bit mode) or Firefox. It tells me that there is a problem connecting to it, and that I should try later. I have Snow Leopard 10.6, btw.

I know my computer doesn't have speed problems (new MacBook Pro) and neither does my internet (12 Mbps down, 2-3 Mbps up). Also, I have Windows XP installed on my Mac, and in Firefox on Windows it can stream HD from the 922 fine. So I know it is not the computer/internet, but has to be Mac OS X somehow.

So, anyone out there with a Mac gotten the 922 to Sling to their Mac?

I got it working. How long has the 922 been installed?

I found I had to wait about 24 hours before the sling side magically started to work.

I run mine from running safari in 32bit mode. It is a real pita since I use my sling client to access the cablebox.

I got it working. How long has the 922 been installed?

I found I had to wait about 24 hours before the sling side magically started to work.

I run mine from running safari in 32bit mode. It is a real pita since I use my sling client to access the cablebox.

Well this is pretty funny, but right after I read your post I checked with Safari again, and sure enough it worked! I DID just have it installed yesterday morning, so maybe it just needed time.

Also, the HD streaming looked AMAZING!

Side question, does anyone know when HD streaming will be supported outside your own house?

Well this is pretty funny, but right after I read your post I checked with Safari again, and sure enough it worked! I DID just have it installed yesterday morning, so maybe it just needed time.

Also, the HD streaming looked AMAZING!

Side question, does anyone know when HD streaming will be supported outside your own house?

I got it working on a windows machine at work a couple of days ago.

dhh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)