922 upgrade without installer

jrmy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Iowa
Has anyone gotten Dish to upgrade them to the 922 without an installer? If so, what are the magic words? :D

I already have broadband connected to my 722K and just want to swap it out, but the CSRs I've spoken to insist it can't be shipped.

No. The setup is of a nature different enough that Dish cannot leave it to the consumer to get it right.

Nothing worse than a customer upgraded with a receiver that he can't get to operate properly.

Nothing worse than a customer upgraded with a receiver that he can't get to operate properly.
IMHO it is MUCH MUCH worse to send a 922 out with a "tech" who knows less about it than we do, and who proceeds to destroy the house by drilling holes and draping cables in unsightly locations.

I work with computers and networks for a living, so I am far more confident in my own abilities.

Is my only option for a self install to order from Solid Signal or the like?

I managed to convince them to send me a 722 back a few years ago. For the 922, they told me no. I threatened to cancel and switch to cable and they still said no. Not even Exec Relations could override it.

As it sits, I'm kinda glad since I would probably want to switch to XiP anyway.

TheKrell said:
IMHO it is MUCH MUCH worse to send a 922 out with a "tech" who knows less about it than we do, and who proceeds to destroy the house by drilling holes and draping cables in unsightly locations.

"Destroy The House"?? If your swapping say a 722 for a 922, how is that gonna happen???? No drilling or holes would be needed. Easy 1 for 1 swap!!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

"Destroy The House"??
Sorry. An absurd exaggeration on my part, which really only applies to an original install. Still, you made the point very well. Why is a tech needed to swap a 922 in and a 722 out when there is no cabling involved? Are they all of a sudden going to install the network where there was none before? No; they'll just offer a wireless adapter or Slinglink.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts