922 with 30.0 Touch Remote Documentation

mwatson182

Original poster
Dec 29, 2022
Albuquerque
Can anyone direct me to a document that explains how to program a Dish Touch Remote Ver 30.0. I have searched high and low and have been unsuccessful finding any info about it.

I even called dish tech support and they suggested I get a version 32 standard remote. I would really like to get the smaller touch remote up and running for the receiver, my tv and blue ray player

Thanks

I have a version 32 remote working with the 922 fully setup and working perfectly so I do know about the remote setup menu. I am trying to use the v30 as the second remote for the coaxial 2nd TV but the 922 doesn't seem to want to talk with or to it. I think it needs to have it remote number changed (my guess). I tried to find out the remote number for the v30 but it doesn't tell me the remote number if use the process of the other Dish remotes.

So far I don't understand why the 922 gets such a bad rep. I just replaced one of the 2 -722's that I have and as soon as the remote issue is resolved I plan on switching out the other 722. So far the only complaint I have about the 922 platform is the lack of information on these units and accessories. I would like to find a manual like the one I have for my 722's. Since I own all of my equipment I look forward to using the 922's for some time to come.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have a version 32 remote working with the 922 fully setup and working perfectly so I do know about the remote setup menu. I am trying to use the v30 as the second remote for the coaxial 2nd TV but the 922 doesn't seem to want to talk with or to it. I think it needs to have it remote number changed (my guess). I tried to find out the remote number for the v30 but it doesn't tell me the remote number if use the process of the other Dish remotes.

So far I don't understand why the 922 gets such a bad rep. I just replaced one of the 2 -722's that I have and as soon as the remote issue is resolved I plan on switching out the other 722. So far the only complaint I have about the 922 platform is the lack of information on these units and accessories. I would like to find a manual like the one I have for my 722's. Since I own all of my equipment I look forward to using the 922's for some time to come.

Support for this remote may have been discontinued with firmware updates. The 30.0 was pulled from the market quickly and there aren't a lot out there. If you go to sys info and hit the sat button and it doesn't pair, my guess would be that support for the 30.0 was removed from the 922.

Well, I noticed last night that the status bar does not appear anymore when I pause live broadcasts or on video's I have recorded. It was working now its gone.
Perhaps this remote issue is another one of those bugs. I'm going to try a reset by doing the unplug thing and try again to see if the recording status bar returns and if all else fails a factory reset. I do know the 30.0 remote is emitting IR but thats about it.

Since I own all of my equipment I look forward to using the 922's for some time to come.

I wouldn’t count on that. I suspect there are so few out there, and they are so old, Dish sees no point in providing service, support or software updates.

It is, after all, a red headed stepchild.

Thats a shame because feature wise, interface and just all around menu features so far it beats the hell out of a 722. Plus if I can keep it running I won't want to watch my rates go thru the roof with a Hopper and the associated wally's , Joey's and whatnots Dish is always wanting me to switch to, lol

I don't think thats an issue with them, they have completely dumped it don't want to acknowledge or even talk about it.

I played hell getting someone to even activate it. When I tried they told me we do support it and it was obsolete and we can't put it online. After talking to customer retention and tell them if they can they could disconnect my service they changed their tune. That's one of the beauties of owning your equipment and not being locked under a contract you can tell them to pound sand at any time. I keep patching the holes but I'm sure it just a matter of time before my ship sinks. haha

922? That's even older generationally than the 722s if i recall. But it's better? I do know there are still a ton of 722s going. I got out of DiSH dealing as hopper was coming in and have never messed with those. I have my folks and myself on 722s.

922? That's even older generationally than the 722s if i recall. But it's better? I do know there are still a ton of 722s going. I got out of DiSH dealing as hopper was coming in and have never messed with those. I have my folks and myself on 722s.

Maybe I'm just getting senile but I got my original 2-722's back in 2009.

I remember sometime back in 2011 dish made a big deal about the new and improved 922 spouting all the great new feature and saying it was the latest and greatest.

At the time the 722's were doing everything I needed them to do and didn't want my bill going up or to sign another contract just to get the new receiver.

Personally I don't have the historical backround of Dish and what they was released first but from what I can see and comparing the technology of the 2 units the 722 is Jurassic compared to the 922 in just about every area. IMHO, no disrepect intended to the 722, it was a good receiver for its time and did what it was intended to do the 922 is just better and more intuitive to use.

For what its worth the only reason now I moved to the 922 was I picked up a new one cheap on fleabay and my 722 was has been having a clicking fest for sometime now, probably the HDD going bad and I wasn't going to pay $100 to dish for a swapout for a remanaufactured 722.

Now for a followup on the status bar and version 30 remote. I went ahead and performed a power down reset, plug removal then factory default reset from the menu, guess what, status bar on pause it back and it now see's the v30 remote. I probably should have done this from the start but I figured it was working so why risk screwing things up.

I went through the menu's and programmed the remote to the tv and all works except for the input button when in the TV mode. Actually its a nice little remote! Perhaps another one of those pesky bugs people hate about the 922. We shall see if it comes back. If it continues to work I would love to replace the other 722 with a 922 as well.

You are probably thinking 822.

I went through the menu's and programmed the remote to the tv and all works except for the input button when in the TV mode. Actually its a nice little remote! Perhaps another one of those pesky bugs people hate about the 922. We shall see if it comes back. If it continues to work I would love to replace the other 722 with a 922 as wells.
Does the SAT button blink instead of the TV button when you try to use the Input ? If so, it may be that the remote is in limited mode, a feature on remotes that blocks the input buttons to prevent accidental input changes, I believe first introduced on 20.0 remotes. On Hopper systems this is disabled in a Menu, and for 722/622 etc. with a key combination on the remote. I suspect it will be the same on your 30.0 (unless the 922 has a limited mode option in its menu?).

iirc, the 722k has the same chipset as the 922 and came out around the same time - 2009?

Thats a shame because feature wise, interface and just all around menu features so far it beats the hell out of a 722. Plus if I can keep it running I won't want to watch my rates go thru the roof with a Hopper and the associated wally's , Joey's and whatnots Dish is always wanting me to switch to, lol
Agreed! I loved the 922's. If nothing else, just the front panel lighting alone made it cool. The real hangup is that it took for-EVER to install. The download was about 45 minutes.
I see there are 922's for sale on various sites, just in case.

922 was a Hybrid Dual Tuner that married the features of the VIP system to the new (At the time) Hopper interface and introduced the first of the 40 series-type remotes with a black face plate

You are probably thinking 822.

Does the SAT button blink instead of the TV button when you try to use the Input ? If so, it may be that the remote is in limited mode, a feature on remotes that blocks the input buttons to prevent accidental input changes, I believe first introduced on 20.0 remotes. On Hopper systems this is disabled in a Menu, and for 722/622 etc. with a key combination on the remote. I suspect it will be the same on your 30.0 (unless the 922 has a limited mode option in its menu?).
Bingo, your right on! I unset the limited option and it now works like a champ!

Programming question, on the 922, If I program TV1 for an upcoming program then someone turns on the TV1 during that record time frame with TV2 off and no recording scheduled for that TV will they be able to switch channels on TV1 during the record or will that interrupt the scheduled recording.

I was wondering that since the 922 is a dual tuner if TV2 had nothing scheduled or was not on if the unit would use the unused tuner to allow the recording on TV1 to continue without interruption?

Programming question, on the 922, If I program TV1 for an upcoming program then someone turns on the TV1 during that record time frame with TV2 off and no recording scheduled for that TV will they be able to switch channels on TV1 during the record or will that interrupt the scheduled recording.

I was wondering that since the 922 is a dual tuner if TV2 had nothing scheduled or was not on if the unit would use the unused tuner to allow the recording on TV1 to continue without interruption?
I have zero experience with a 922. But the logic of the 722 was to record everything via the TV2 tuner, leaving TV1 to be used for something else such as live TV. Now, if you wanted to use the TV2 out while the TV2 tuner was recording something, then all you could do is watch recording or on-demand. Anything else would halt the recording.

I have zero experience with a 922. But the logic of the 722 was to record everything via the TV2 tuner, leaving TV1 to be used for something else such as live TV. Now, if you wanted to use the TV2 out while the TV2 tuner was recording something, then all you could do is watch recording or on-demand. Anything else would halt the recording.
Very true and the Hopper 3 changed all that with 16 tuners. No longer any conflicts, ever...