922 WTF

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
So watching tv last night all was ok, watched lots of pre recorded shows. checked timers all was fine.

Today I now Have no recordings and no timers.

My question is WTF just happened. Was there a software update?

It seems like the HDD is working fine, it seems like it did a factory reset and deleted EVERYTHING.

Did you push the red button on the front of the unit....and or pull the plug for 30 seconds. I suspect the stuff is still there.
Lately there has been some anomalies, and I also suspect they originate at Dish TV.:rolleyes:

For the timers? I did the restore but that only brought back the timers from when I backed it up last time. As for the recordings themselves those seem to be long gone.

This is odd, have you contact one of the Dish reps? I would do that, they are very responsive and really try to help. Recently my dish was hit by a tree, I thought I lost everything because when repairs were made and the guide menu reloaded my stuff (timers, schedules and recordings were gone. After nearly an hour everything returned, no loss of anything. I still believe your recordings are somewhere in the system, yet I suppose random deletions are possible...... contact a Dish rep. Ray C@DISH Network has been helpful for me.

Had the same problem with my 922. Hard reset didn't work but did find after turning system off and plugged in all dvr info restored 30 minutes later.

still no luck been 2 days and nothing has changed. So I guess I am just moving on with a clean slate. oh well I didnt need 100000 episodes of drinking made easy.