922K - Home Media - VIDEO

rec9140

Original poster
May 11, 2012
110W
What format does the video need to be in for the 922K DLNA client to play it?

MP3 OK..

But I've got TB's of NAS's full of MKV, MP4, WEBM, FLV etc... and it will list the MKV file, but not play it. Won't even let me click on it.. the others don't even seem to show up...

So what format of video is supported? Specifically including resolutions, codec, etc...

LG NAS DLNA server
Netgear ReadyDLNA server
miniDLNA server on several servers

I can ffmpeg to a supported format if needed, but can't seem to get a straight answer on formats or if it works... several threads at Dish forums which were nothing but circular scripted repsonses about it playing MP3 and JPEG files, duh... done that.. now lets move to what was asked VIDEO... The vague answer seems to be that the DLNA server needs to transcode on the fly to some format... WHAT FORMAT? ? :rant::confused:

Please note: If it matters, I speak only Linux in regards to computers. :) Only have Linux based systems to use, hence ffmpeg to convert or extract just about anything going! :p :)

Thanks..

Images – JPEG only all sizes (thumbnails use PNG)
Video – Containers MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, MKV, MP4 with combination of Video codec H264/AVC, MPEG2 and audio codec, AAC, AAC PLUS, AC3 and MPEG audio
Audio – MP3 , AAC , ALAC, FLAC, AC3, WAV, LPCM

If you have an issue using MP4, I would make sure that you dont' have some unsupported codec in the MP4 container. Also, if you are using MP4 files that were recorded on an iOS device, then it may have issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)