riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Official Site of the 93rd PGA

Hosted at the Atlanta Athletic Club - Johns Creek, Georgia

- After sitting out for nearly three months to heal his ailing left leg, Tiger Woods has entered the PGA Championship.

- Martin Kaymer getting ready to defend his PGA championship.

- PGA of America has announced a new eight-year agreement with CBS Sports to televise the tournament (yeah, NBC or...worse!...ESPN).

Television Schedule:
Thursday, August 11: TNT from 1-7 PM ET
Friday, August 12: TNT from 1-7 PM ET
Saturday, August 13: TNT from 11 AM-2 PM ET and CBS Sports from 2-7 PM ET
Sunday, August 14: TNT from 11 AM-2 PM ET and CBS Sports from 2-7 PM ET

One thing is for sure...the Europeans have been kicking arse in the majors. All our top young players keep coming-up short...like Dustin Johnson and Zack Johnson. Heck, I can't recall when we've had so few players in the Top 10..and only 1 in the Top 5:

1 Luke Donald, Eng
2 Lee Westwood, Eng
3 Martin Kaymer, Due
4 Rory McIlroy, Nir
5 Steve Stricker, USA
6 Phil Mickelson, USA
7 Jason Day, Aus
8 Dustin Johnson, USA
9 Adam Scott, Aus
10 Nick Watney, USA

Local Fans Back Tiger and Phil at PGA Championship

"Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are always among the fan’s favorites each time they compete. The 93rd PGA Championship will be no exception. The two best-known golfers in the world can expect to have some solid support when they tee it up at the Atlanta Athletic Club in Johns Creek.

Woods and Mickelson were mentioned more often than any other players by some of the golfers interviewed while enjoying 18 holes on Friday at Rivermont Golf and Country Club in Johns Creek. While other competitors were mentioned, it was Tiger and Phil who drew the most pre-tournament attention."

Full Story

Well, Phil finished at +1 and Tiger, after staring -3 after 5 holes, is now +6 after 16 holes. The wheels came off his game and he crashed and burned. This is a wide-open tournament. About one-quarter of the field has yet to tee off.

Too funny! I recorded today's golf action on TNT and the broadcast started with Stevie apologizing for his comments last week, and Tiger being asked about those comments during an interview. In other action Rory McIlroy play through a wrist injury at shot even-par...not sure if he'll be back tomorrow. Steve Stricker has a heckuva day, but I look for others to make their move tomorrow.

Wow, Tiger is 14 strokes back and says he doesn't know what is wrong. LOL!

Wow, Tiger is 14 strokes back and says he doesn't know what is wrong. LOL!

I know what is wrong, stop changing your f***ing swing ever 5 minutes!!! I am sure that on the practice range, it looks and feels exactly alike, but when you have changed it as many times as he has....everything is gonna look and feel the same.

What an idiot....

EDIT: Not you Ramy, Tiger...

I know what is wrong, stop changing your f***ing swing ever 5 minutes!!! I am sure that on the practice range, it looks and feels exactly alike, but when you have changed it as many times as he has....everything is gonna look and feel the same.

What an idiot....

EDIT: Not you Ramy, Tiger...

I didn't think you were talking to me. My swing sucks no matter what I do. LOL :D

I didn't think you were talking to me. My swing sucks no matter what I do. LOL :D

LMAO! I have gone through some times where my game has sucked(like now, I am like a 20 handicap) and it was really good(no kids, no extra expenses, worked nights, lived in warm weather all the time and plenty of time to play equaled a 11 handicap)....and I know he does it for a living, but I tried to improve my game by taking lessons(I self taught myself golf)...and they(the pro) wanted to change my swing completely..make me UNlearn my "bad habits". Hell, my bad habits had me as an 11 handicap, I was going to Q-school! Crooks wanted my money!

The point I wanna make is, I have only changed my swing ONCE.

McIlroy is at -1 under for the day (-1 under total) thru 7. Bad wrist and all! Go get 'em Rory!!

Amazing! Although I remember thinking only an idiot would attempt the shot he did when injured himself yesterday. He should have chipped it back into the fairway and tried to limit the damage.

Elsewhere, Tiger needs to shoot a 65 or better today or he is going to miss the cut.

I think Phil is going to make a move today...we shall see.

Steve Stricker is play well and I see him playing well today.

Amazing! Although I remember thinking only an idiot would attempt the shot he did when injured himself yesterday. He should have chipped it back into the fairway and tried to limit the damage.

Elsewhere, Tiger needs to shoot a 65 or better today or he is going to miss the cut.

I think Phil is going to make a move today...we shall see.

Steve Stricker is play well and I see him playing well today.

Whoops. I think I just jinxed him. Just like that, McIlroy triple bogeyed a par 3!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)