942-->622 Lease/AEP-->Metallic=Mandatory?

Allin4greeN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Lancaster County
I thought I had a handle on this but, I recently read some posts that left me a little confused...

I anticipate receiving my new ViP622 (lease upgrade from a DishPlayer 942) sometime this week, with plans to activate it soon thereafter. It was my understanding that I would "have" to upgrade my programming package from AEP to DishHD Platinum (or current AT to a Metallic Pak) in order to receive any programming on the 622.

Was I mistaken in this understanding? What has me confused is my recently reading several posts that indicate folks have 622's and AT Packages.

Of course... it could just be that my Monday was a little longer than I originally thought :D

I believe the only way those folks have a regular AT package is if they purchased the 622/211/411. If you lease the receiver you have to have a metalic package and for 18 months. Since I will be moving and building a house, I decided to purchase so I could put a hold on my account until I got settled.

Thanks for the feedback. I had a feeling it might have to do with the own vs. lease scenario. Lease was the best option for me, so I will sleep soundly :D