942 --> 622 upgrade woes...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ajax

Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Just to start, this isn't a complaint about hardware at all... it's a complaint about DISH service...

Tuesday 5/31/06:
DISH calls me 3x in the morning. I get the third call around lunchtime while I'm at work. They want to upgrade my 942 to a 622 and my DISH 500 to a DISH 1000 so I can finally get HD local channels, woo! I'm excited. The first time they can do this is 6/11 (yesterday). So I say OK. They'll charge me 199 which they'll give me back when I send them back my 942. Fine, whatever.
I schedule my appointment.

Thursday 6/2/06:
I didn't watch TV at all tuesday or wednesday but I try to watch on thursday and I find my local channels are gone. So I check my DISH (it's sunny and clear) and my signal to 119 has totally disappeared and all I can hit is 110. I call DISH up and tell them what's up and they tell me that it's because when they set up my new appointment, they turned off my locals on 119 because I'll be getting them in HD off of the DISH 1000 which I don't have yet. I ask them to turn back on my locals and they tell me they can't unless we reschedule my appointment and I would probably lose the 11th. So I decide to wait.. because I'd prefer to watch the Heat vs Mavs in HD on sunday...

Sunday 6/11/06
The installer shows up at 5:40, 40 minutes late but no big deal. Comcast had been up to 6 hours late. He comes in, looks around, says he'll do the install, but where's the 622? I don't have it.. He doesn't have it.. His work order said DISH shipped it to me.. So he calls up DISH.. Turns out they did ship it to me.. They shipped it on 6/9/06 which was... FRIDAY! How the f**k do they expect it to get to me on sunday if they ship it on friday?! Morons.

Monday 6/12/06
I'm on the phone with DISH.. Talking to some woman and she tells me all of this and tells me the earliest they can get me in for is 6/26/06 because they want to wait 7-10 days for my 622 and to make sure it gets here by then (it'll be here today, I guarantee it). Oh and BTW, she doesn't know how to re-add my local channels so I have to walk her through it. Yes, that's right, I tell her to close the open schedule, re-add my locals and create a new one because I know that's how it works and she doesn't. WOW.

So... I'm pissed.. Irate.. and what do they say they'll do for me? They'll give me my local channels free for a month. OMG! that's... $5! I think I'll send them a bill for MY hourly rate for the 6 hours of my time they wasted waiting for their installer (who was a really nice guy and this is not his fault) and the time they forced me to spend talking to their moronic help. I think that's approximately 9 hours.. At my pay rate for contracting, that's about 3/4 of a year of programming.. LOL..

*sigh*

I'll call them back later and bitch some more when the 622 shows up.

Ajax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)