942 aspect ratio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
Thanks to all that have replied to my questions in the past. My system is working perfectly I updated my LNB to a dish pro and i now have a dual tuner and single tuner reciver working off my dish antenna. I have a question about the picture out of my 942 reciver. The picture acpect ration doesn't seem right. I married my local HD channels into the program guide it that works awesome. If i tune in my local hd's I get a full screen picture on my 55" sony TV. if it tun in one of the dish network chanels i only get the picture in about 80% of the screen. Am I missing something? I know some of the local HD programming while watching a show the commercials shrink the screen down to the 80% then when the show comes back on it's full screen. What am I missing on the picture output to the TV or is that the way the thing is supposed to work and life goes on. I can tell you that this reciever has a WAY better picture output to my TV than my old 508 receiver ever did.

Thanks in advance.

Todd

In a nutshell...
HD will be full screen, SD will not. If you press the little * (asterisk) on your remote on the SD channel it will cycle through some options for them to be full screen. It is up to your personal preference IF you like any of these options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts