942 Display question

khiyal

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
I am sure this must have been asked by a number of people; Pls. refer to the link if it was beaten to death:

I am using the 942 with a Samsung DLP. No matter what format I select, the display is always a 4x3 type in the middle of the screen. . The only way to get a full screen display is either in the stretch mode, or the zoom mode, none of which are acceptable, in that either it stretches the faces, and/or you lose part of the screen in the zoom formats. Obviously, the HD channels are all OK in the normal mode.

Am I stuck with this kind of display? Is it a function of the TV? If I use composite input, would it make a difference? Currently I am using the DVI (or whatever it is called on the 942 -- probably hdmi)

What are you trying to accomplish? Your screen is a rectangle and 4x3 is generally a square. To fill the screen, you'll either have to stretch it or zoom it. There is no additonal picture information to send to your rectangular screen so these are the only options you will have..whether it's a Dish, Cable or any other 4x3 source.

The square vs. rectangle part is quite understandable. However, when using my 721, I used to get a full screen display without using any sort of stretch mode from my TV. Does the 942 have any similar mode without using the stretch format? I doubt if it has anything to do with the Progressive or Interlaced options of format whether at 480, 720 or 1080.

TV Function

You need to use your TV remote. Go to the Menu. Look for the picture, size use Wide. You may also have a button on your remote (with a slide cover) that you can switch between wide and 4x3.

Danny

khiyal said:
I am sure this must have been asked by a number of people; Pls. refer to the link if it was beaten to death:

I am using the 942 with a Samsung DLP. No matter what format I select, the display is always a 4x3 type in the middle of the screen. . The only way to get a full screen display is either in the stretch mode, or the zoom mode, none of which are acceptable, in that either it stretches the faces, and/or you lose part of the screen in the zoom formats. Obviously, the HD channels are all OK in the normal mode.

Am I stuck with this kind of display? Is it a function of the TV? If I use composite input, would it make a difference? Currently I am using the DVI (or whatever it is called on the 942 -- probably hdmi)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts