942 DVR not seeing all episodes

djmav

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
San Leandro, CA
Hello,

I did a search but could not find what I was looking for (or most likely I didn't do it properly). Anyways, here is my problem.

I set up my 942 with a dish pass to record all of America's Next Top Model. Everything looks good until I go to the schedule. I know they have a showing this Wednesday but when I go to the schedule, it is not listed there. I deleted the timer, tried again with the same result. Deleted the timer, set up a DVR event with ALL episodes instead of Dish Pass and nothing.

I went and tried this on my 625 with the Dish Pass and everything showed up on the schedule as it was supposed to. I tried again with the 942 and nothing.

Any ideas?

The 942 has a (stupid!) limit of 288 scheduled recordings. Things go to hell if you try to schedule something over that limit. That limit currently means with 3 tuners and 9 days of scheduling, you are given about 10 recordings per tuner per day. So, use your 10 events as half hours and you can only record a max of 5 hrs per 24 hr day.

I called up Dish and pleaded my case, but doesn't seem to help.

You also have a limit of 50 'favorites'.

Thanks for the info, although I do not think that is my problem. I don't have that many scheduled recordings. I am only recording Forensic Files, Stark Trek: TNG and they do not match that total.

FYI, I tried setting up a different show again on the 942 and the same thing happened. Went to the 625 and set it up just fine.

Thanks, I will wait and see if it pops up...good one on the anti-reality...needless to say my daughter would have a fit if she missed an episode..LOL

Well, I waited 24 hours and nothing showed up :confused:

I set up timer for another show and that one worked, however it won't work with America's next top model. I noticed a few things while playing around with it.

1) This is the only show I've attempted to record with an apostrophe in the name, and I noticed the 942 encloses the whole title like this in the dvr schedule screen 'America's next top model'

2) When I click on the info for this schedule, it shows all sorts of symbols instead of the actual name.

Hmm, named based record bug, flips out when it sees odd characters ?

I think I would give dish tech support a call.

Have you done a hard reboot yet ? Power button down for 7 seconds or so ?