942 - Error : code 07

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
I'm getting tired of rebooting to clear this error... Any word on when this is going to be fixed?

G.

That's it. When you go to play something recorded - it won't play and code 07 pops up in the error box.

I just went out and bought a UPS. I'm going to see if this clears it up.

My Denon reset itself back to factory programming last night.

I'm guessing power gliches......

Top again... UPS did not help. Called in last night CSR said code 4 and code 7 are being reported repeatedly...

Yeah, this is a strange one. Some people see it, others never get it (me). I wonder what causes it.

This error will appear when the limit on the Smart Card has been reached. It will not allow more PPV movies to be ordered until the receiver has called in to the call collector to download the movies that are on the Smart Card.
  1. Does the customer's phone line go dead or are they unable to dial out when the receiver is connected to the phone line?
    No
    Yes
  2. If the problem still exists:
    • RA the receiver.
  3. Check the Purchase History screen to verify the receiver is in a call home condition.
    Why?

• Any events on the Past and Pending Purchases list older than 30 days, more than 4 events listed or, the list shows charges of more than $25 will cause a call home condition. If the receiver does not meet one of these conditions, the customer will not be able to force them to download.
  4. Verify the customer does not have 1-800/1-900 numbers blocked.
    Why?

• If the customer has a block on 1-800/1-900 numbers, the receiver may not be able to make the toll-free phone call to DISH Network to download their event purchases. Some 1-900 number blocks also block 1-800 numbers.
  5. Is the phone service regular analog, DSL or VoIP?
    Regular Analog
  6. Verify the Telephone Setup menu on the receiver is set up correctly.
    How To?

• Menu : 6 : 1 : 4; Ensure that the options selected are correct for the customer. Do NOT add 1 as a prefix. The receiver is set with the proper number to dial and a prefix is only needed if the local telephone setup requires it. An example of Prefix Needed is if the customer must dial 9 for an outside line. Then select Save.
  7. Verify a phone cord is connected directly from a working phone jack to the receiver. Bypass any device between them including splitters and wireless phone jacks.
    How To?

• Have the customer trace the phone cord from end to end. One end should be connected to the receiver's phone jack and the other end should be connected to the phone jack in the house. To test a particular phone jack, take a hard line (non-cordless) phone and plug it into the phone jack in question. You should be able to hear the customer with the phone connected there. Reconnect the receiver to the phone cord. Remove phone splitters or caller ID devices that are between the receiver and the wall phone jack.
  8. Instruct your customer how to test the phone line and download PPV.
    How To?

Have your customer write down the procedure so they may do this while off the phone, (most customers do not have two phone lines to do this at the same time they are on the phone with you).
    1. Verify all phones in the home are not in use or off the hook.
    2. Connect a phone line from a working wall jack directly to the receiver if one is not already connected.
    3. Turn the receiver off with the remote for a period of 10 seconds, then back on. The Dial Out option can be used on models 3900, 4900, 111, 301, 311, 322, 211/411, 501/508/510, 522, 811. If the receiver is NOT in a call home condition the message NO DIAL OUT PENDING will be displayed. A reset may be necessary.
    4. They may watch programming as normal but will not be able to order PPV. They should also try to remain off the phone for a period of 30 minutes.
    5. After that time, they should check the purchase info screen to verify that some or all of the PPV purchases have been cleared.
    6. If not, call back for additional troubleshooting.
  9. Verify the customer's home phone system is properly grounded.
    Why?

• An improperly grounded phone system can prevent the receiver from properly dialing out to download the purchase history. If this is suspected, the local phone company may need to test the line. Make sure the customer is aware that the phone company may charge for this service.
  10. If the problem still exists:
    • RA the receiver.
    DSL/VoIP
  11. Verify the Telephone Setup menu on the receiver is set up correctly.
    How To?

• Menu : 6 : 1 : 4; Ensure that the options selected are correct for the customer. Do NOT add 1 as a prefix. The receiver is set with the proper number to dial and a prefix is only needed if the local telephone setup requires it. An example of Prefix Needed is if the customer must dial 9 for an outside line. If VoIP, enter *99 as the prefix. Then select Save.
  12. If the customer has DSL or VoIP service, verify they have a DSL filter (may require two in severe cases) installed on the phone jack for each DISH Network receiver that is connected to the phone line. Disconnect and then reconnect the DSL filter.
  13. If VoIP, the VoIP provider should set the service to the highest bandwidth setting and enable fax/modem enhancement features.
  14. Instruct your customer how to test the phone line and download PPV.
    How To?

Have your customer write down the procedure so they may do this while off the phone, (most customers do not have two phone lines to do this at the same time they are on the phone with you).
    1. Verify all phones in the home are not in use or off the hook.
    2. Connect a phone line from a working wall jack directly to the receiver if one is not already connected.
    3. Turn the receiver off with the remote for a period of 10 seconds, then back on. The Dial Out option can be used on models 3900, 4900, 111, 301, 311, 322, 211/411, 501/508/510, 522, 811. If the receiver is NOT in a call home condition the message NO DIAL OUT PENDING will be displayed. A reset may be necessary.
    4. They may watch programming as normal but will not be able to order PPV. They should also try to remain off the phone for a period of 30 minutes.
    5. After that time, they should check the purchase info screen to verify that some or all of the PPV purchases have been cleared.
    6. If not, call back for additional troubleshooting.
  15. Verify the home phone system is properly grounded.
    Why?

• An improperly grounded phone system can prevent the receiver from properly dialing out to download the purchase history. If this is suspected, the local phone company may need to test the line. Make sure they are aware that the phone company may charge for this service.
  16. If the problem still exists:
    • RA the receiver.

Got a 007 code error too on Nip Tuck and rebooted and it still showed in the recording information screen. I hit play and it played normally.

goaliebob99 said:
that is what error code 7 is and the script a csr goes through :)

NOT!. This is playing back a recorded program off a DVR(942). Has noting to do with PPV...

G.

hummm.. interesting.. DBS talk says one thing... Echostars own tech sight says another :) .... It could be possable there is two error codes..

and

Intresting thanks for pointing that out :) any one else confused ?

I have never lost any programs, just frustrating wondering when the next 07 is going to pop up.

Update..

Tonight I replayed EVERY program I had recorded without any error popping up. :):)

I have had the error code 07 3 times now. My first one was on Lost (digital channel OTA) and I deleted it, but when I played back the news (recorded off E*) Lost showed up instead. Tonight I received the error on "24" (the digital channel OTA), but I got "24" on the E* channel (I record both for safety's sake) and I got the error on the news again off E*. Couldn't recover either. Could this be a tuner issue? I know that there are 3 tuners, but only Timer 1 or Timer 2 ever shows up in the program guide. I'm going to try to see if this always happens on the same number.

When you select an event to play you will see "A problem was encountered when opening the files for this event. Please note the Error Code: 07" instead of the program description. This happens occassionally with random recorded events after a spontaneous reboot of the 942. It looks like corruption on the hard drive causing the loss of a pointer to the recorded event. A clean reboot may repair the event. I am going to try it now to get my U2 concert back. It worked. When you select the event you will see the error is still there but hit start over and it will play.

Excellent Dish experience...

one rg-6 question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)